A passionate and self-motivated Certified ScrumMaster with over 8 years of experience in the software industry delivering high quality, high value software using agile and Scrum principles.
An individual focused inwardly on individual Scrum teams utilising the servant-leader philosophy, his key focus is on his teams and individuals within. As a highly enthusiastic and assertive communicator, he is able to motivate the teams, fostering an environment of growth, transparency and trust. His drive for “inspect and adapt” is a continuous journey towards creating high performance teams.
With a goal of working towards becoming a Certified Agile Coach, he thrives on continuous personal development and is now seeking the next rewarding career opportunity to demonstrate his substantial abilities and make an effective contribution in a thriving and dynamic environment.
June 2012 - Present, Peterborough, United Kingdom
- Managing the overall performance and delivery of 4 cross-functional Scrum teams working in various technologies including Java, Oracle 10g and .NET 4.0, SQL Server 2010.
- Delivering software for 4 major integrated sub systems running 24/7 operations worldwide using MasterCard’s Integrated Processing Solution for the company’s flagship Multi-Currency Passport product.
- Adopted and pioneered the onshore-offshore development model with teams based in Bangalore with our offshore partner, Dell Services, India.
- Facilitated daily Scrum stand ups, Sprint Planning, Review, and Retrospective for all teams tracking progress using various charts including burn down and velocity charts.
- Identified and removed technical and organisational impediments to ensure sprint goals are achieved.
- Coached and mentored individuals and teams alike on Scrum principles, relative sizing using story points, Planning Poker and other best practice techniques widely used.
- Collocated teams and promoted practices to encourage high levels of face to face communication and improve overall productivity.
- Extensively utilised the Atlassian JIRA/Greenhopper suite to manage and groom the product/sprint backlogs working closely with Product Owners and stakeholders to prioritise high value user stories.
- Built an extensive Dashboard to radiate up to date Scrum/Team metrics to encourage the ethos of ownership, trust and openness.
- Actively led Scrum of Scrums twice a week to ensure high levels of face to face communications and overall cohesion between teams.
Smart, Software Development Manager
February 2009 - March 2012, Stevenage, United Kingdom
- Managing a team of 5 senior software developers in a cross functional team developing a C# based enterprise web application (eHL) on the .NET 4.0 framework.
- Successfully facilitated and led the development teams through an agile transformation in adopting the principles of Scrum for the first time.
- Delivered agile workshops to wide audiences ranging from executives down to support staff on the Scrum principles and how it can positively impact each role.
- Extensively utilised Scrum principles and team based ethos in developing the software, there by rapidly delivering high valued software to the customers quickly.
- Inspired the development teams to build a Continuous Integration environment using Cruise Control .NET and thereby ensuring code quality with one-click build processes.
- Led several Web Services based projects to integrate eHL with third parties software vendors including SkillStream, BSMS and the NHS Electronic Staff Record enhancing the products offering and functionality.
Key Systems, Software Development Manager
February 2006 - June 2008, Worksop, United Kingdom
- Managed a team of 5 software developers, developing a Delphi / C# based Client Server application Bank Staff Management System (BSMS) in use in over 100 NHS trusts UK wide.
- Integrated BSMS with third party workforce management and rostering applications using Web Services to create a unique solution for NHS trusts and a unique market position for the company.
- Introduced rigorous source code control using Visual SourceSafe to achieve effective concurrent development, branching, merging and release tagging.
- Enhanced internal development processes by initiating the use of NUnit unit-testing framework and continuous integration of software builds and using CruiseControl .NET.
Ace Conveyors, Implementations Manager
March 2005 - March 2006, Doncaster, United Kingdom
- Key decision maker in procuring and sourcing Sage Line 500; an organisation wide accounting and order management system in conjunction with other stakeholders.
- Successfully configured, customised and rolled out the software to improve business processes and bringing about efficiencies in month end accounts, speed of data entry and accuracy.
- Specified infrastructure and server requirements to deploy and run the software with scalability and performance at the forefront.
- Developed over 20 key reports aiding in sales and purchase orders analysis using Crystal Reports 10.
- Trained all depot staff in adopting the new system helping to effectively manage the change introduced.
Ace Conveyors, Web Developer
August 2004 - March 2005, Doncaster, United Kingdom
- Designed and developed a web based Conveyor Management System (AceCMS) in PHP and MySQL.
- Rapid Application Development methodology was extensively utilised in order gain early feedback, and customer involvement.
- The system allows engineers to remotely input and analyse conveyor related information allowing for proactive maintenance of conveyor equipment at customer sites such a quarries and factories.
- Developed remote condition monitoring on conveyor systems and equipment to minimise production downtime and saving clients over £20,000/hour in lost production.