Masa has 24 years of experience in the software industry. In the USA worked for Apple Computer Inc., Netscape/AmeriaOnline and for startup companies such as Ingenuity Systems, When.com (acquired by AOL), Electric Communities, Akimbo Systems, and Vuze Inc. holding positions from management to individual contributor. Masa also worked in Japan as consultant for Justsystem Corporation, the largest Japanese software company; and in Mexico as software developer for Serfin Bank and for Operadora Vips (now part of Wal-Mart). He has created quality assurance organizations from the ground up at several startups and migrated software development practices to lean-agile while also doing project management.
While working in the software industy, Masa also spent many years training professionals at the Arturo Rosenblueth Foundation in Mexico, undergraduate students at the National University of Mexico, and graduate students at the University of Tokushima in Japan.
Masa holds a Ph.D. in Software Engineering and an M.S. in Information Science and Intelligent Systems Engineering from the University of Tokushima in Japan (Both in the field of Artificial Intelligence); and a B.S.,with honors, in Computer Engineering from the National University of Mexico.
Masa is also a:
- Kanban coach
- Certified scrum master
- Certified product owner
- Senior consultant with the Cutter Consortium
- Member of the coordinating committee for the Agile Project Leadership Network, San Francisco Bay Area chapter
- Founder of the Agile Project Leadership Network, Mexican chapter
- Editor for the lean-agile section, Software Guru Magazine
- Contributing editor for the lean-agile section, PMI San Francisco Bay Area Chapter