Fenix Data Systems, Consultant / Agile Coach
July 2011 - Present, Mississauga, On, Canada
Introduced a Transportation software development company to Agile processes and SCRUM in July, 2011.
Have provided ongoing support towards an Agile Transformation beginning with a basic iterative development approach and focus on working by Return on Investment.
Currently am providing ongoing support in moving toward test driven development.
Caspar Computer Services Inc., Consultant
March 1984 - Present, Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Started developing software in 1984 in an iterative manner for the transportation and financial industries.
Regularly contribute to www.agileadvice.com and mike-caspar.blogspot.com
Posts include : Yellow/Red/Green system for teammember self evaluations.
Implemented large scale software/hardware solutions based on team based work and always delivering incremental value to the customer.
Have trained several teams in software development practices, testing practices as well as iterative development.
MedAvail Technologies Inc., Scrummaster
April 2013 - July 2013, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Facilitate planning and retrospective activities
• Work toward cross-functional team structure
• Initial training and start-up of 4 Scrum teams
• Educate leadership on Agile and Lean principles
• Enforce the rules of Scrum to the extent possible
• Work to remove obstacles to delivery
• Protect the team from outside distractions
• Provide personal support to team members when approached.
Berteig Consulting Inc., Agile Coach
January 2013 - March 2013, Newmarket, Ontario
-Agile Coaching and Training -Consulting and assistance with difficult conversations, obstacles. -Grow a part of the business with Focus on difficult problems at transformations and finding unique ways to address them. -New team (including management) start-up, training and coaching -Organizational change
Enbridge Pipelines Inc., ScrumMaster/Project Manager/Agile Coach
May 2012 - November 2012, Edmonton, AB, Canada
• Help the company manage projects by building teams to support the Scrum framework.
• Help the team and the company to better support an agile environment.
• Remove obstacles to quality software delivery
• Radiate information to the company to allow the team to remain effective and focused.
• Management training and coaching for an Agile Environment.
• Agile training when needed to start a new team.
• Agile Coaching
Maple Leaf Foods, Agile Coach
August 2011 - February 2012, Mississauga, On, Canada
Champion the CIO’s vision of change within the I.S. Organization
• Bootstrap (Start) the first three SCRUM Teams for Maple Leaf Foods
• Teach, Mentor, and Coach SCRUM Teams starting in the Web Team of I.S.
• Encourage and assist in dealing with cross-department issues
• Facilitate the exchange of information between groups
• Encourage transparency between I.S. teams
Virtek Vision International, Scrum Master/Project Coordinator
July 2011 - August 2011, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Scrum Master / Project Co-ordinator for a long-term SCRUM team.
Doxess Inc. (www.clubrunner.ca), Product Development Manager
September 2010 - July 2011, Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Product Development Manager for a Web Based application.
Introduced Agile processes including SCRUM and some XP practices to a Web Based .NET development team and to management of the company.
Worked in a 2 week Sprints to deliver quick (tested) value to customers.