Certifid Scrum Product Owner
Certified Scrum Master
- MBA- Strategy and leadership, Product Development & Innovation
Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
- MS - Electrical and Computer Engineering
Wichita State University, Wichita, Kansas, USA
- BS-Electronics & Communications Engineering
University of Bangalore, Bangalore, India
Awards and Accomplishment:
- Successfully Passed CSPO “Certified Scrum Product Owner”
- Was Awarded “Top Contributor Award” by Cisco Support Community https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/top-contributors/events
- Successfully Passed Service Provider Hosted Collaboration Solution Specialist
- Successfully Passed ITIL-V3 Certification
- Successfully Passed CCIE Voice – Expert Level Written Exam a Top and reputed Certification in Networking Industry
- Authored Enterprise Video Solution white paper (http://tinyurl.com/43ppzdl)
- Top Contributor for Cisco Support community “Ask the expert” Event
- LIVE Event 1 : https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3530486
- LIVE Event 2: https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2184774
- Cisco LIVE networkers speaker –on Advanced Unified Communication Manager & Cisco Telepresence Solution design Troubleshooting, Las Vegas, USA 2011
- Received "Excellency in Technological Innovation Award 2003-2004" at Global and Internet2 Conference, Wichita, Kansas.
- Was awarded the "Excellent Team Achievement award for outstanding Performance" multiple times by Voice Technology group, Cisco Systems, Inc
Agile Work Summary and Responsibilities ( March 2005 to Present )
Specific Scrum Master Responsibilites:
- Organizing and facilitating regular scrum meetings including daily stand-ups, sprint and release planning sessions, retrospectives, demonstrations, and other project planning and issue resolution meetings as required.
- Working with project leadership to maintain the backlog and update team status in our agile process management tool.
- Improving transparency on team progress through burn down charts, velocity reporting and sprint and release progress.
- Coaching teams in effective use in ongoing adoption of agile principles and practices.
- Assisting with prioritization and resolution of defects/bugs.
- Identifying and removing/preventing impediments and distractions.
- Proactive reporting of risks, blockers, and team progress.
- Facilitating discussion and conflict resolution.
- Recommending changes to our existing processes.
Scrum Master / Scrum PO Responsibilities :
- As Scrum Master I facilitated discussions between various development teams and worked on constant basis with PO/ Team to remove any impediments in testing or developmental backlog
- I successfully completed 2 Major releases in Cisco Unified communications with great deal of co-ordination between team that are geographically spread across the world and ensured the quality is delivered as outlined by PO
- Built up three Agile teams to complete the project on time. Implemented Scrum and Rally to increase the team's velocity and bring about the changes needed to deliver function product on a two-week schedule.
- As Scrum PO I led the development effort by conveying the vision to the Team and outlining work in the scrum backlog. I took entire responsibility in driving prioritization decisions in the backlog
- As Scrum PO I prioritized the work based on the value proposition and ensured we have incremental shippable product at the end of each sprint and conducted demo at each sprint
- As Scrum PO I adapted to the team’s established velocity and always negotiated the work with the team
- As Scrum PO I always ensured I delivered on stake holders expectations and took tough choices that aligns with product and company vision
- As Scrum PO I participate in daily scrums, sprint planning Meetings and Sprint reviews and retrospectives and accepted or rejected the work if it does not meet customer expectations.
- Managed all aspects of product development as a Certified Scrum Product Owner. Pioneered improved applicability to target market by spearheading planning, market research, and stakeholder collaboration behind development of 3-dimensional, patent-pending system. Delivered fully functional System release application in six months, under budget and three months ahead of schedule.
- Led three Agile development teams, two three person teams in Bangalore, India and one Offshore team of four. Local teams tested the application's core functions while the offshore team tested the engine for the applicatio
- As Scrum PO I participated in daily scrums, sprint planning Meetings and Sprint reviews and retrospectives and accepted or rejected the work if it does not meet customer expectation
- Spearheaded adoption of Scrum framework. Perceived resistance from some team members. Stepped out of Technical Lead role to coach the team on Scrum/Agile practices; modeled the desired Agile behaviors and created a safe environment for process experimentation. Results: Resistance faded as team embraced Scrum, started to self-organize, and saw progress with the product; incremental process and practice improvements increased team productivity
- 12+ Years of experience in Industry as a Systems and Solution Product Manager, IT Manager, Team lead, VoIP project lead, VoIP solutions Engineer and Integration Engineer
- Technologist with deep expertise in management of engineering and product marketing teams to facilitate the successful development and go to market for the product lines with result oriented execution
- Strategic thinking with ability to understand market trends and rapid decision making to evolve road map to maintain competitive advantage.
- Extensive experience with Data Center Technologies, VMware, Cisco Telepresence Solution, UCM- Tandberg Video Solutions, Cisco-Tandberg Solution Interoperability, Video deployments and Architecture, VoIP monitoring and Management solution, SIP, MGCP, H.323 Standards.
- Proven ability of implementing innovative complex voice and video architectural business solutions and optimizing resources, to drive organizational growth.
- Managed end-to-end complex engineering solutions spanning multiple products, platforms and technologies to accelerate successful customer deployments and improve customer satisfaction
Solutions Product Manager March 2005 to Present
Cisco Systems, Inc , RTP, NC,USA
- Leading cross-functional teams across Services, Marketing and Engineering (Voice, Video, Routing, Security BU) to deliver Enterprise Voice over IP solutions worth $2B,
- Leading initiative across marketing and engineering to prioritize user experience requirements for Cisco voice products, based on customer feedback and market trends
- Providing Business/Technical recommendations for all Voice & Video issues from engineering, solution marketing and documentation standpoint
- Conducted market analysis, developed GTM strategy, use cases, define service requirements, pricing for Cisco unified Call Manager, Cisco Telepresence video solution geared for enterprise markets
- Extensive Collaboration with field SE’s, Channel partners, Marketing (outbound & inbound), Sales to understand and position competitive and technology issues at the solution level
- Worked on strategic planning and Implementation of Cisco Call Manager and Cisco Telepresence solution video solution geared for enterprise markets
- Collaborated Extensively across system Technical Marketing Engineer’s, product managers to carve out enterprise video solution that closely matches customer deployments
- Interface with field SEs, Customer Eng., Marketing and Sales to understand customer problems and requirements and provided raw material for training and documentation. Review documentation material and provide input to solution design guides etc. as appropriate
- Successfully drove business requirement across multiple test organizations, Alpha, EFT customers thereby delivering unprecedented user experience
- Worked uncompromisingly in establishing relationship with Cisco Engineering groups, Unified communication development and Solution Engineering group to deliver robust user experience
- Successful resolved outstanding Solution Release issues by organizing meetings with key stakeholders. Aggressively worked on high priority issues from technical and deployment standpoint with different business units and made them aware of show stoppers criticality, convinced to have fixes delivered that aligned with Cisco’s milestone deadlines.
- Continuous assessment of Voice and Video deployment models to adhere to market dynamics
Escalations Engineer January 2005 to March 2005
NexTone Communication, (Now Genband) Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
- Handled Critical and high priority cases P1 and P2 and CAP cases for production/network/call center down issues at customer’s site on regular basis.
- Provided first- and second-level technical support for users of company products, including current and prospective clients, resellers, and professional product testing organizations.
- Investigating, replicating and filing new software defects found at customer’s deployments. Knowledge of many Software defects/bugs reported on all versions and workaround’s applied and helping customers on these workarounds.
- Conducted product training for customers and extended guidance to fresh engineers. provided guidance on a world-wide basis.
- Coordinated with end-users, OEMs and internal engineering units to enhance the product and managed progress reports.
Sr. Systems Engineer Sept 2004 to January 2005
Qovia, Inc (Cisco’s Acquisition), Maryland. USA
- Involved in design and implementation of QA process in various stages of the application development.
- Closely collaborated with product managers marketing team, field and solutions teams on developing overall VoIP networking strategy and roadmap.
- Worked on defining the deployment strategy for the company’s product, Business Impacting models, defining QA processes, and assisting product documentation team
- Drove product requirements definition, planning design of new product features and enhancements adhering to market dynamics
- Constantly probed customers for feedback, managed field trials and ensured total customer confidence from initial launch to until product stabilization
- Worked closely with engineering director and manager in initial architecture design, product vision and Value propositions
- Delivered strategic and tactical recommendations to the product marketing group and proactively assisted them in identifying new market opportunities and assess customer needs
- Successfully negotiate business terms and technical requirements, design and execute co-marketing initiatives, and collaborate with strategic partners to define next-generation product features.
IT Manager Sept 2000 to July 2002
Matrix Technologies, Inc. , Bangalore , India
- Supervised a team of software engineers and prioritized resources based on business constraints and requirements.
- Allocate appropriate resources to ensure predictable delivery of multiple applications and projects.
- Conducted weekly negotiations between business and engineering teams, building consensus on the prioritization of bug fixes and feature requests.
- Attract exceptional engineers, building teams, and energizing / motivating the organization
- Handled recruitment, training and performance management of team members.
- Advising company executives on key enterprise technology decisions
- Estimating effort for projects that range in duration from a few weeks to several months.
- Provided technical leadership on troubleshooting and resolution of issues.
- Established standardized processes for development, documentation and quality assurance, Engaging vendors, negotiating contracts, and managing outsourced
- Preparing and tracking the group's annual budget project
- Oversaw management of daily IT operations including all in-house hardware, software, and technical support for 25-user network.
- Responsible for telecommunications systems, setup of Local Area Network (LAN), and configuration of workstations.
- Managed implementation of hardware/software upgrades. Maintained T-1, routers, and PBX
References: Available on Request