Laura Woten, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSP, CSM, CSPO
I am an Informatics Project Manager and ScrumMaster for the Ag Biotech division of DuPont Pioneer in Johnston, Iowa. I lead a Scrum development team working on software applications for transgenic traits within the Information Management area supporting North and South America. I also manage a team of requirements analysts and scrum masters. We implemented Scrum approximately three years ago as a response to our client's ever-changing needs and their desire to have more transparency into our development. We have been very successful. This was the first experience with Agile development in the department and is now spreading to other projects across the organization.
I am a champion for Agile practices within my local Project Management Institute chapter (Central Iowa), where as the Director of Programs, I have the opportunity to bring in speakers who can talk to our membership about transitioning to Agile and I can set up workshops for our members to support the PMI-ACP credential. As the speaker relations coordinator for our chapter's Professional Development Day, I set up a full track of break out sessions for Agile practitioners to attend as well as an Agile panel discussion to introduce Project Managers to Agile.
When I'm not at the office, I enjoy photography, riding trails on my ATV, kayaking, playing with my Golden Retrievers. I also volunteer for a non-profit organization, "Recycled Fish", a group of people who love all things outdoors who are stewards of our waterways.
Pioneer HiBreds, a DuPont Company, Informatics Project Manager
July 2010 - Present, Johnston, IA, United States
· Responsible for a team of Business Analysts, including all HR duties, development and resource management.
· Responsible for creating development plan for Business Analysts as a skill set and career path. The concept of BA’s as a career track is a new concept within the Information Management Department at Pioneer.
· Responsible for implementing Agile (Scrum) process for application development in the IM Department.
· Responsible for implementing a SDLC and process improvements for the department that included Agile (Scrum) software development.
· Responsible as a Project Manager to shape the scope and future of an application developed to manage statistical analysis for Research Scientists developing traits in corn and soybeans for possible commercialization for Pioneer’s product line.
· Responsible for coordinating the development of iOS (primarily for the iPad) applications with the development of .NET applications to ensure the ability of the applications to communicate. The iOS application is used to collect data in the genetic nurseries, field and labs and loads the data into SQL and .NET databases.
· Part of a group of Project Managers responsible for developing training, development and recognition programs for Project Managers and Business Analysts across the entire enterprise.