EMC, Agile Consultant/Coach
July 2012 - Present, Hopkinton, MA, United States
Created a strategically phased Agile Transformation plan for a 2K+ person global organization to implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
• Collaborated closely with internal Agile champions on executing the Agile transformation across locations including various US offices, Russia, China, and France.
• Key contributor in cross functional Agile Working Group executing an Agile transformation backlog.
• Created and facilitated the vendor selection process for an Agile Coaching and Training Plan including writing the RFP, creating the detailed business case and final vendor recommendation.
• Created and conducted Agile Assessments for a team of ~400 developers, presented results to stakeholders with detailed analysis and recommendations that increased velocity by over 58% within one iteration.
• Identified and made recommendations for addressing organizational impediments to Agile adoption.
• Provided Agile training to executives, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Development managers and other stakeholders.
• Mentored Scrum Masters, Product Owners and Engineering Managers for 70 non co-located teams.
• Ran Retrospectives for new teams to show various approaches.
• Provided subject matter expertise on a wide range of Agile topics including Scrum, Kanban, Scrum of Scrums, Retrospectives, Stand ups, Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration.
March 2010 - September 2011, Boston, MA, United States
Certified Scrum Master coaching Agile cross functional teams of Software Development, QA, Web Hosting, Product Management, Editorial writers and three external vendors, some offshore, with a budget of over $5M using Scrum and Kanban.
• Facilitated numerous concurrent releases of Cengage Learning's top selling digital product, SAM, a skills assessment and training system for Microsoft Office products marketed and distributed to the college level. The product was sold to over 600K users with over 2M visits increasing revenue 62%. These releases improved performance and significantly reducing the volume of customer support calls.
• Trained teams at each level in the areas of Agile planning, daily ceremonies and implemented practices that are used as a model for other teams within the company.
• Mentored the development teams in practicing the core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
• Organized and facilitated the Scrum Ceremonies (Iteration Planning, Daily Scrum, Planning Poker, Demo, Retrospective and Release Planning).
• Tracked and communicated the Iteration burndown chart, team velocity and release progress.
• Identified and removed impediments and prevented distractions.
• Facilitated discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
• Empowered the team to self-organize.
• Served as point of contact for internal and external communication improving transparency.
• Facilitated prioritization and resolution of defects/bugs.
• Facilitated backlog grooming supporting the Product Owner.