Ben Liew -
More than 13 years working experience with 11 years in software design, analysis and development for various corporations ranging from investment banking to engineering institutions. Strong background in leading development teams and performing software design and modeling. Experience in dealing with both internal and external clients especially in obtaining system requirements, specifications and supports. First did Scrum more than 5 years ago.
ANZ Bank, Software Development Manager (Credit Risk IT)
January 2012 - Present, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
• Setup Scrum Framework for Credit Risk IT Development Team
• Acting as Scrum Master since day 1 - cumulatively 49 weeks x 40 hours per week = 1960 hours (and counting)
• Team size is 8 (from various backgrounds such as C# developer, SQL developer, architect and tester)
• Product Owner role is played by Head of Credit Risk IT. He maintains a Product Backlog with the input from business users such as Risk Analyst and Quantitative Analyst teams.
• Requirements are provided as user stories with corresponding definition of done.
• I have also helped 3 other internal teams (as consultant) to adopt Scrum methodology within ANZ.
• We are using Confluence, Jira and Greenhopper to maintained all artifacts for Scrum.
Barclays Capital, Software Development Manager
March 2011 - January 2012, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
• Acted as architect for Legal IT Development Team (playing the role of Team) for the first 4 months of the project. Approximately 18 weeks x 40 hours per week = 720 hours.
• Acted as Scrum Master for Legal IT Development Team since July 2011 until departure. Approximately 32 weeks x 40 hours per week = 1280 hours.
• Team since is 9.
• Original Scrum Master was moved to another project.
• Product Owner was a played by a senior business analyst from business team. He maintained the Product Backlog with inputs from other members of the business team.
• We were using Confluence, Jira and Greenhopper to maintained all artifacts for Scrum.
• Requirements were provided as user stories.
Barclays Capital, Technical Lead
May 2009 - February 2011, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
My team (Finance IT) was not doing Scrum during this period.
Schroders Investment Management, Analyst Developer
September 2007 - April 2009, Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
• Play the role of Team in Scrum for the first 6 months. Approximately 36 weeks x 40 hours per week = 1440 hours.
• Team size was 5.
• Scrum was used as the framework to deliver business-as-usual (BAU) items to production environment.
Agilent Technology, Software Project Manager
October 2006 - September 2007, Penang, Penang, Malaysia
My team was not doing Scrum during this period.