revampologist, llc, Managing Consultant/Coach
July 2013 - Present, Verona, NJ, United States
I am an independent consultant with 14 plus years’ experience managing complex, multi-level technical and internal operational projects for leading companies in a variety of industries. Proven track record in Program Management, Project Management, Enterprise Platform Management, Resource Management, Business Process Management, Product Life Cycle Release Management, Strategic Planning and Agile Coaching.
I am currently located in the NY Metro area. I am available for Project Management, SCRUM Master, and Agile Coaching consulting engagements.
Certified Health Coach (CHC), Institute for Integrative Nutrition, June 2011
Certified SCRUM Master (CSM), October 2010
Project Management Professional(PMP) Certification, June 2007
Master’s Certificate in Project Management from the George
Washington University (May 2007)
I am currently working to get my Certified SCRUM Professional Certification and am looking for projects that allow me to further develop my Agile Coaching skills.
International Rescue Committee (rescue.org) - Program Management development for IT projects based on grants.
Petflow.com - Jira/Greenhopper implementation and procurement process flow consulting/advisement
AVM Software - Paltalk, VP, Operations
February 2013 - July 2013, New York, New York, United States
VP of Operations responsible for Project and Process Management across the Engineering Team.
Built, trained and managed the agile practices across the engineering organization. Aligned JIRA/Greenhopper tool to manage remote agile teams. Used SCRUM and Kanban methods to adopt appropraite practices across different teams that had different delivery plans.
Managed the Paltalk Client Engineering staff. Coached SCRUM Master on best practices on how to run daily stand ups, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
Build and Trained teams on non-colocated practices to drive higher quality product delivery using skype as a tool of communication, along with jira/greenhopper views.
Managed the SCRUM of SCRUMs Obstacle board and assisted the team in removing obstacles assigned to the executive team.
Aligned agile delivery practice with VP of Product Management to ensure the Product Management team prioritized, groomed, and ensured the list of stories were ready for each sprint planning session.
Mentored and Coached SCRUM Masters and Project Managers on how to run agile based teams
ideeli.com, Sr. Director, Program Management
November 2010 - November 2012, New York, New York, United States
Sr. Director, Program Management and Strategic Initiatives
Managed the Program Management team, trained and coached them on Agile SCRUM practices to act as SCRUM Masters
Designed, trained and implmented the SCRUM practice for the Engineering Organization. Trained all staff on the practice on how to manage SCRUM product delivery methods across non-colocated teams.
Managed SCRUM of SCRUMs Obstacle Boards, ensured obstacles were removed
Worked with VP of Product to prioritize product backlogs and train Product Managers on user story creation
Attended daily stand ups, sprint reviews/demos, and restrospectives to ensure team dynamics were improved
Managed Enterprise-wide ERP application that had 5 concurrent project streams to align production delivery schedules. Each team had an assigned Program Manager that acted as a SCRUM Master when required for application customization and intergration. This was a year long project that required third party vendros, who worked in a waterfall method to align with our Agile practices for delivery.
Ask.com, Sr. Technical Program Manager, CSM
August 2009 - October 2010, Edison, NJ, United States
Sr. Technical Program Manager and Certified SCRUM Master
Obtained my Certified SCRUM Master training and certification while at Ask.com
- Sr. Project Manager/CSM for Ask Question and Answer Community – Back-End Development
- Managed back-end development team leads to align with overall program strategy to build the routing and categorization function of Question and Answers through the Ask Community.
- Coordinated back-end tasks with front end team to ensure team cohesiveness and successful delivery
- Managed the SCRUM daily stand ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives and obstacle boards
- Managed the product delivery schedule and integration with the front-end
- Attended SCRUM of SCRUM meetings to ensure obstacles were removed for team progress
- Acting product manager on technical tasks that required review prior to release
- Assisted Product Management with product backlog grooming and prioritization
- Sr. Program Manager for Ask.com Answers Strategy – More and Better Answers
- Managed Project Plans, Risk Assessment Plans, Communication Plans, Resource Planning, Team Meetings, Weekly Program Status Reports, and Program Decisions
- Implemented more agile practice methodology – hybrid SCRUM/Agile methods to delivery higher quality products and decrease time to market