Krishna Botcha has over 12 years of experience in IT project planning, execution and delivery. He has worked with Agile software development teams for 4 years as a Scrum Master. He has professional expertise in consulting, multiple management skills including project management, resource management & team management, staff acquisition & logistic/project coordination. Krishna has proven knowledge on dual shore (offshore - onsite) development model, application support services, developing and mentoring teams. Extensive specialization in dual shore (offshore - onsite) operations model its account, project, resource management. Well conversant with various PMI Methodologies, Agile Project Management (Scrum and XP) and Waterfall. Good understanding of CMMi Process Areas and Lean Six sigma. Lead engagements involving Agile coaching, Release planning, Iteration cadence and Process improvement (Kaizen) activities. Defined, developed and implemented a Global delivery model with Distributed Scrum teams for a leading US Insurance company.
Microsoft, Project Manager
February 2013 - Present, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Services Project Manager with Microsoft Global Delivery.
Wipro Limited, Project Manager/ ScrumMaster
November 2003 - February 2013, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Employer – Wipro Technologies
Customer – Nationwide Insurance
Location – Columbus, OH and Bangalore, India
Project – Agent Gateway Sales and Service (AGSS)
Project Manager/ Scrum Master (Agile)
- Responsible for submitting responses to RFPs, developing on costing/ staffing models, contract negotiation, documenting SoWs, initiating projects, hiring project teams, promoting continuous improvements, knowledge management and managing project deliverables.
- Prepared Project plan and developed release milestones presented to the program sponsors. Worked with customer senior management to develop release schedule, publish budget forecasts and obtain product acceptance.
- Handled staffing decisions, evolving a project organization and resource responsibility mapping
- Managed Onshore and Offshore teams, providing career paths and development road maps, conduct performance evaluation, enforcing a mentored growth plan and securing financial incentives for key contributors.
- Project Risk Management by documenting risks, evolving mitigation plan and monitoring and tracking risks. Implementing mitigation plan once a risk event is triggered.
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to Customer Managers, Directors and Sponsors.
- Training and coaching teams on Agile methodology and adopting Customer’s Application Development Center processes.
- Enabled the setting up of collaborative team space, introduced the Visual Management system (story boards) and make the Distributed Agile model operational at offshore.
- As a Scrum Master implemented visual management system using story boards, paired programming, continuous integration and conducted daily stand-ups, retrospective and demos.