Jayne Wainscott Stommel
Accomplished Project Manager
Veteran project manager adept at managing all aspects of information technology, including ongoing business needs assessment, software development and implementation. Strong record of recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities, analyzing operations, and developing wining solutions. Possesses broad technical knowledge base, including expertise in development of Web-based / database applications. Skillful Scrum Master and JAD/RAD facilitator. Resourceful problem solver. Confident in a dynamic and multi-faceted setting. Considerable experience working with both government and private sectors.
T E C H N I C A L S K I L L S
Software Applications: Microsoft Office Suite and productivity/project management tools
WordPerfect Office Suite, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Sage, BackupExec
Programming Toolkit: Adobe Development Suite, HTML, Coldfusion, MSSQL, Java, PLI, COBOL
Database Expertise: Microsoft Access, MSSQL, MYSQL
Operating Systems Microsoft Server 2000-2008, VMWare, Active Directory, Exchange Server,
and components: SharePoint, Windows 7/Vista/XP, Linux
P R O J E C T E X P E R I E N C E
Theoris, Inc (05/2011 – Present)
Project Manager for Governance Risk and Compliance projects for Midwest ISO
- Identified and developed scopes of work, cost estimates, and proposals to justify funding requests for multiple audit preparation system build projects
- Established and managed budgets for these projects
- Managed and facilitated joint application requirements and design sessions using Scrum methodologies to bring diverse client experts together with IT development personnel, thus greatly improving efficiencies in cost, and timelines, resulting in increased customer satisfaction with resulting systems
- Managed teams of Business Area Experts for Requirements/Design Phases through written functional and IT requirements documents and change management.
- Managed UAT teams in developing and executing user acceptance testing and change management
- Supported waterfall SDLC with Prototype techniques in Requirements/Design Phase
Panzer Tech, LLC., (previously JWS Group, Inc) Indianapolis, Indiana (1994 -2011)
- 2009 – 2011
- Managed Microsoft Servers and networks (ranging for 11 to 100+ pcs both local and remote). Developed managed scheduled support and unscheduled troubleshooting and repairing hardware, Microsoft OS and business applications, and COTS software problems.
- 1994 – 2009
- Personally built 5 Novell, and 12 Microsoft servers, and 1 Linux Mail server. Planned for and managed deployment of LAN around these servers and conducted the training necessary for successful acceptance of new technology. Three of the Microsoft Servers where migrations from Novell to Microsoft.
- Planned and deployed 30+ full network (Microsoft and Novell Server) installations with a client base of up to 125 users, with remote office connectivity via Cisco and Netopia VPN services.
- Planned and managed remote and onsite management of server and personal computer upgrades, updates, troubleshooting and end user support of OTC software packages for 30+ client companies
- Established and managed regular maintenance support schedule, planning around client needs for system availability
- Prepared written proposals for recommended hardware and software upgrades and migrations
- Managed end user support team of 5 in the planning and execution of the migration of 128 Desktop computers from Windows 98 to Windows XP for a clinical lab facility
- Developed and managed hot-line/help desk with usage monitoring and escalation procedures in place to ensure properly handling of customer needs and constant improvement in customer support
- 1993 – 1994
- Help Desk Project Manager for Covance
- Managed team of six helpdesk personnel, tier one and two
- Conducted performance evaluation and exit interviews (as needed) for employees
- Established employee work schedules to provide 24/7 support world wide
- Managed evaluation and selection of COTS Help Desk Support software
- Managed the support of multiple home-grown and COTS application software systems
Management of Application Development and Support
- Manage team of designers and developers in the development and support of nationally accessed internet-based database-driven websites
- Internet-based event information, participant sign-up, event scheduling system for three national schutzhund competitions
- Internet-based victim assistance and resource management projects for seven federally declared disasters, including Hurricane Katrina, on behalf of the State of Indiana government:
- Identified and developed scopes of work, cost estimates, and proposals to justify funding requests to implement and expand online donations management system to accommodate housing and other victim assistance programs supporting over 5000 evacuees entering the State of Indiana.
- Managed modifications to systems and documentation as disaster response needs changed and additional stake holders became involved
- Orchestrated and facilitated training sessions and information exchange between state holders and all interested parties.
- Created and delivered daily written and verbal briefings and presentations on status updates, including complex technical information and budget formulation and execution for key officials and stakeholders.
- Coordinate inter-service and inter-division efforts and server as a liaison to other groups participating in the joint disaster response and recovery efforts
- Data Collections and Evaluations Manager for four Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)/Federal Emergency Management (FEMA) grants:
- Write data collections and evaluations section of the grant proposals outlining collections procedures consistent with SAMHSA/FEMA regulatory requirements, budget, and time lines
- Develop and implement records management process of physical document handling of mandatory hard copy data collected and eventual destruction (in compliance with federal regulations)
- Developed and managed (first in country for SAMHSA) VoIP crisis hotline outreach team of seven remotely located workers
- Identified points of integrity loss in data, facilitated solution:
- Converted MS Access collections stand alone software to Coldfusion/MSSQL web based data collections system (now the model for other states work for SAMHSA)
- Developed online training for outreach workers (owners/collectors of the data) to enter data collected and so benefit from the online edits (now the model for other states work for SAMHSA)
- Lead teams in requirements definition and presentation to SAMHSA on how to ensure regulatory compliance with privacy laws while being able to follow up with client/patients for future research
- Manage integration of data collected from Indiana programs with SAMHSA national database
- Prepare and present final program summary and statistical analysis of data collected showing evidence based achievement of program stated goals
- Consultant Business Manager
- Identify opportunities for process improvement through moving clients systems to more current technological solutions by advocating, defending, clarifying, negotiating and justifying recommendations to appropriate client management personnel
- Conduct formal presentation for senior and executive staff on research findings and responds to questions regarding complex technical information in a manner understandable by non-technical personnel
- Develop and maintain project requirements management plan, requirement change documents, and test management plans.
- Oversee modifications to the agreed upon project scope, design specifications, and business analysis documents
- Advice client management on status, progress and results obtained throughout the lifecycle of the various projects.
Partial Client List
Energy Sector: Midwest ISO
Federal Government: Federal Emergency Management Agency, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Indiana Division of Homeland Security, Indiana Disaster Response Division of Mental Health and Addictions, Indiana Division of Housing and Community Development Authority
Private Sector: Deerfield FA, Dominion Group, Indiana American Legion Auxiliary, Wooden and McLaughlin, Landman and Beatty, Attorneys at Law, Lewis & Wilkins, Attorneys at Law, Indiana Chamber of Commerce
Medical/Pharmaceuticals: Eli Lilly and Company (Employed 1988-1993), Covance
E D U C A T I O N
- Scrum Master, Scrum Alliance
- JAD / RAD Facilitator, Eli Lilly and Company
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Management Information System, Indiana University, Kelly School of Business
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Ball State University