My deep technical experience combined with business understanding results in my ability to create, develop and govern the successful execution of projects strongly aligned to business objectives. My proven ability to communicate between technologists and business management is the foundation for my success.
• High Performance Team Building & Leadership
• Client Relationship Management
• Project and Portfolio Management
• Vendor Negotiation & Management
• Business Process Engineering
• Systems Integration & Infrastructure
• C-Level Communicator
• Off-Shore Development Experience
• Development Methodology & SDLC Expertise
• Fortune 10/100 Consulting Experience
• J2EE / SOA / ESB / XML / Cloud / Big Data Technical Experience
Kronos, Sr Eng Mgr
March 2013 - Present, Chelmsford, MA, United States
Reporting into the Director of Custom Engineering I am responsible for delivering custom features and functionality to funding customers and internal strategic partners based off the extensive suite of Kronos applications. I lead a large team of 20 -25 tenured Software Engineers and Software QA Engineers in 3-4 delivery teams responsible for delivering innovative solutions and highly custom features/functionality directly to our customers. Interface to many other Kronos Engineering functions to include Product Management, Architecture, and New Product Development.
Google, Development Manager
April 2011 - March 2013, Cambridge, MA, United States
"ITA by Google" [ITA Software was acquired by Google in 2011] is a leader in providing innovative enterprise Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions to the airline industry. We developed the industry’s most comprehensive airfare shopping system, which is used by leading on-line travel companies such as Hotwire, Kayak, Orbitz, Continental, United, and US Airways. I led several engineering groups through successful development and deployment of the product and improved the Agile/Business/Team processes along the way. 8 - 12 direct reports (architects, programmers)
• Launched a large (>1 Million LoC) and complex (multiple components) multi-year, multi-MM$ radically new passenger reservation platform for Google.
• Directly managed the data migration efforts and teams to convert from legacy systems to our new systems
• Formed and led an application architecture team of eight senior architects to audit existing code for transactional correctness, performance, and integrity.
• Worked with product managers to create a functional map of the system and identify key gaps in the feature set
• Re-organized several inefficient development groups of business logic programmers to become high performance Agile/Scrum teams with better communication pathways
• Directly managed the XML group responsible for developing the partner SDK and XML APIs.
ITA Software, Director of Engineering
January 2008 - April 2011, Cambridge, MA, United States
Bought by Google