Manifest Solutions, Corp, Sr. Consultant, Coach - Agile Delivery Services
September 2011 - Present, Upper Arlington, OH, United States
Responsible to integrate and uplift solution development teams, through serving, coaching, teaching, training, motivating and enabling people. High-performing teams are cultivated leveraging best practices for Agile-Lean development methods and mindsets.
Tactical focus includes Agile-Lean transformation projects, Agile coaching, TDD coaching, team relationship coaching, leading stand-ups(scrums), retrospectives, iteration/sprint reviews(show & tell), release and iteration/sprint planning; managing full life cycle development and delivery, risk analysis, velocity analysis, deployments, system conversions, data migrations, enterprise applications, large-scale implementations and legacy transformation.
* Co-authored an embedded Agile Transformation Guide.
* Co-authored an Agile Overview Training Guide slide deck for beginners.
* Developed an Agile Jump-Start training program outline.
* Currently studying Scaled Agile Framework for the enterprise (SAFe).
Nationwide Insurance Co., Iteration Manager/Scrum Master
November 2011 - October 2012, Columbus, OH, United States
As Manifest Consultant, Responsible to Serve, Coach, Teach, Train, Motivate, and Influence high-performing teams, leveraging Agile product development practices and Lean thinking.
Served as Iteration Manager/Scrum Master for the Marketing, Communication and Collaboration BSA, within Enterprise Applications.
Provided Scrum Master leadership, on three teams, for stand-ups(scrums), retrospectives, iteration/sprint reviews(show & tell), release and iteration/sprint planning, Agile coaching, team relationship coaching; management of full life cycle development and delivery, including risk analysis and mitigation, velocity analysis, and release management for enterprise applications.
* Embedded with existing Agile team supporting Nationwide’s intranet (InSide).
* Integrated and Uplifted performance of Agile/Lean practices for improved product development in multiple MCC BSA IT lines, with over 30 matrixed core and extended team resources providing web development, architecture, system admin, infrastructure, operations and DBA services.
* Spun-up new Agile SharePoint lines developing new Integrated Associate Workspace.
* Stood-up a new Agile team supporting Marketing LOBs (OCA, Library, Archives, Research) and led team through a methodology and cultural change – from Waterfall to Agile Software development
* Consulted/Assisted a new Agile IT team with best practices for an Agile framework, including Lean thinking, Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP).
Medco Health Solutions, Manager/Director, IT Applications
July 2008 - December 2008, Dublin, OH, United States
Charged with leading creation, expansion and mentoring of a distributed, customer facing, applications development team with Agile using Scrum. This new, dispersed IT unit aided in the development and support of Medco's web-based business system(s), enabling Medco's direct-buy/e-commerce business across all consumer channels. The systems supported are built on UNIX/BroadVision and Microsoft enterprise technologies with a DB2 back end. SDLC practices followed included Agile, Scrum. Co-led development resources on Scrum team for duration.
Safe Auto Insurance, Manager, IT Applications
July 2007 - March 2008, Columbus, OH
Responsible for managing strategic and tactical application development of Windows and Citrix-based applications and for a large-scale implementation/migration of 3rd-Party Claims system.
-> Influenced cultural change toward adoption of Agile principles and practices.
-> Uplifted trust and confidence of officers and senior management of various business units
-> Constructed detailed project plans from visualization to implementation of 3rd-party system.
-> Mentored team members resulting in higher performance, reward and promotions.