SolutionsIQ, Agile Consulting Coach
December 2011 - Present, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As an Agile Consulting Coach, I help organizations in agile adoption, both at project team level and at organizational level. I work with project managers, delivery managers and other relevant senior management people to come up with agile implementation strategies and coach the teams to evolve in their agile adoption journey.
Independent, Independent Agile Consultant
April 2011 - December 2011, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
I worked along with Jesse Fewell (from RippleRock India), as an Agile Consultant and helped a UK based retail company (one of the largest retailers in the world) in their journey of Agile transformation.
My focus at this assignment was on scrum effectiveness for one of the key teams in an international programme.
Some of the key responsibilities I handled in this job are:
1. Playing the role of a ScrumMaster for one of the teams
2. Coaching ScrumMasters of 2 more teams
3. Facilitating ScrumOfScrum meetings
4. Facilitating Release Retrospectives
5. Mentoring selected members in embracing engineering practices from XP.
6. Helping teams with Lean initiative of "identifying and eliminating waste" in the system.
Wipro Technologies, Agile Project Manager
May 2010 - March 2011, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
My key responsibilities were:
1. Agile Project Management
2. Agile Consulting/Coaching.
My work summary here is:
1) Built an entire team (of 5 members) from scratch to work on the co-development of the product. The product was developed jointly by a team from a product development company and the new team I built, in a service based organization. The challenge was in identifying and mentoring the right team players to help them learn Agile and Scrum skills, along with deadline based responsibility of making them productive in a span of three to six months. I had to wear different hats of a trainer to a coach to a Scrum Master to a hands-on developer.
2) I worked on three parallel engagements that were part of support engagements in Time & Material (T&M) and Fixed Price (FP) model. Since these projects were support engagements, they involved various types of tasks like handling the Tickets raised by customers, working on Change Requests (CR), working on new product enhancements in Data warehousing (DW) and Business Intelligence (BI) space. Playing the role of an Agile Consultant, I was involved in understanding the problems faced by Management and team members in ensuring project quality, meeting delivery time lines, measuring project reports and metrics effectively. I proposed and executed initiatives to identify the needs for process improvements and implement tailored Agile practices to help the teams to improve their productivity and quality of deliverable.
Sungard, Tech Lead/Scrum Master
January 2009 - April 2010, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Joined as a Technical Lead and continued to play the role of a Scrum Master & Development Manager and coordinated with the team and the Product Owner to remove impediments, improved effectiveness in requirements clarification, estimation, testing and effective sprint planning. This was a key engagement where we were trying to address issues faced by Higher Education universities in US during the global recession. Functioning as Agile coach, I helped the team grow in thinking from “Task level” to “User Story level” to “Feature level”.
Authoria (now Peoplefluent), Scrum Master
April 2007 - December 2008, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
I joined as a Tech Lead and changed the role to ScrumMaster's role. Harnessed the existing agility of the team to take TDD to higher levels, with continuous improvements and helped the team in building quality into the product in Performance and Salary/Compensation management domain.
Work summary is:
1)Technical Leadership in designing and developing the ITM Suite and Platform for Talent Management domain, with additional responsibility of mentoring the junior team members technically.
2)Playing the role of Scrum Master to coordinate with the team and the Product owner to remove any daily impediments that stop progressing in the daily work.
3)Reviewing of designs and implementation of various modules of Authoria products like Recruiting, Performance, Compensation and overall ATM (Authoria Talent Management) platform.