Eliassen, Agile Coach
November 2012 - Present, Dallas, Texas, United States
VISION: Product model implementation and agile transformation to decrease time to market and increase the quality of product and/or service overall
DEVELOPMENT SHOPS: Java, Python, PHP, HTML, CSS, Mainframe
AGILE TOOLS: Jira, RTC, Quality Center, excel, Ribbit
· Influence culture change and champion mindset shifts
- Agile advisor to VP levels and created executive agile training material
· Contribute industry knowledge to Fidelity’s agile practice
· Customize and create new training material including scaling agile in the program and portfolio levels
· Provided roadmap to scaling the agile enterprise. Mentored multi-year program governance team with four multi-track independent feature teams on and off-shore
· Provide creative practice solutions that align with product and architecture vision including mixed methodologies
· Train, coach and mentor agile product management teams/Product Owners on product model responsibilities and agile practices
· Train, coach and mentor mainframe teams on Kanban execution and adoption of quality assurance best practices.
· Mentor PMO on agile dashboards and best practices
· Coach and mentor new agile coaches
· Advise release management on devops strategy and risk teams
· Facilitate ideation workshops and roadmapping, architecture visioning, vertical user story writing workshops, release planning
· Created custom 8 page vertical slicing guide for mainframe technology stack and vendor product work streams
· Create training framework for just in time agile training such as: metrics, definition of ready, definition of done, vertical user stories, story writing workshops, product backlog management, backlog grooming, release planning, story point estimation, tasking, Scrum framework including meta scrum, kanban, agile team roles and responsibilities, scaling teams, agile program management, prioritization, velocity, cost of delay, economies of scale
Seven Tablets, Director of Product Management
April 2012 - Present, Dallas, Texas
Hire, train and coach the first Scrum Feature Team for iTech US's new mobile division. Write custom Agile with Scrum training material for the company as well as for the remote development campus on-line training curriculum.
Start and oversee the Product Management and Development departments. Forcast the budget and headcount needs for planned growth over the next 180 days. Implement agile methodologies and best practices process in the entire company. Articulate a strategic product vision for a web/mobile SaaS product. Drive and maintain the company product roadmap building relationships with clients and partners. Communicate the vision throughout the company and to clients as needed.
Prognosis Healthcare Information Systems, Director of Product Management
August 2011 - Present, Houston, TX, United States
Implement, define and coach Scrum in Development, Product Management and Implementation.
Develop and launch new products and enhance existing products. Lead and mentor 4-5 feature teams that consist of subject matter experts from product management and development to include developers, architects, infrastructure engineers, product owners, business analysts, creative and QA teams.
Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable execution schedule. evaluate feedback from support teams to identify product errors and gaps.
Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy for the feature teams to sprint plan and deliver potentially release ready software in 6-7 week iterations.
Beget, a Parago Company, Senior IT Portfolio Manager
March 2010 - August 2011, Dallas, TX, United States
Manage the organizational technologies, development deliverables and/or application implementations for the B2B and B2C solutions portfolio. Works closely with internal and external organizations to analyze, deliver, and maintain solutions to meet and/or exceed business needs maximizing productivity without sacrificing quality of product and/or service.
Train and build agile teams in development, both collated and virtual. Work with business leaders in the creation of business vision documents/business cases and cost benefit analysis. Trained/Coached business analyst and marketing members to write agile requirements.
Participate in the strategic planning process for both the business and information technology organizations assisting in estimation and capital planning activities. Working with business leaders to identify and frame their information technology needs, mapping them to strategic plans while prioritizing, assisting in the creation of business vision documents/business cases and cost benefit analysis.
Participating in the evolution of work intake and demand management processes working with Program and Project Managers to ensure that programs/projects are delivered on-time, on-budget, on benefit, on-quality and intervening to resolve issues as required. Participating in resource management discussions including IT, business and vendor resources.
Medfusion, LIS Technical Lead
October 2009 - March 2010, Dallas, TX, United States
Write up process for LIS activities and major contributor to CAP certification. More...