Justin Petite is a Systems Engineer with Life Cycle Engineering headquartered in Charleston, SC. Justin is a PMI and Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Professional with experience implementing Agile software development methodologies, and leading and coaching Scrum teams on government projects since 2009.
Life Cycle Engineering, Lead Systems Engineer
October 2012 - Present, Charleston, SC, US
My role is a hybrid of an Agile Coach and Project Manager ensuring that core agile principles are understood, adopted and implemented by the 3 development teams on a scaled agile government software development program.
• Lead the adaptation of the agile practices and SDLC processes for the program; identify and propose solutions to inefficient, ineffective, or problem areas; and respond to project level feedback from team retrospectives
• Act as a point of escalation to remove team and project impediments
• Coordinate and oversee Release roadmapping and planning efforts across the project
• Configure, maintain, and use Version One as an effective agile project management tool
• Coach, and mentor three Scrum Masters and two Product Owners on the project
Life Cycle Engineering, Scrum Master
August 2010 - October 2012, Charleston, SC, US
I was a Scrum Master for two development teams on a scaled project of twelve Scrum teams, and led the Scrum of Scrums.
• Started up two brand new scrum teams at project inception
• Coordinated the removal of cross-team impediments
• Facilitated project release planning
• Led the project’s overall adoption and adaptation of Scrum
Prior to the Scrum Master role, I was on the team that developed the initial Release Management, Defect Management, Configuration Management, and Requirements Engineering processes as part of a larger overall agile Systems Engineering strategy for VBMS