Jim has been a Systems Development Manager in the public and private sector for more than 30 years, and a certified scrum master since 2004.
Jim is also an avid boater as a member of the United States Power Squadrons, working to promote safe and environmental responsible boating. Jim is a certified boating safety instructor with the United States Power Squadrons, American Red Cross, and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. He provides training in the classroom and on the water to make recreational boating fun and safe for all.
Jim holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration and Computer Science and a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) with a focus on Strategic Information Systems.
Omni Resources, Scrum Master
May 2013 - Present, Madison, WI, United States
Jim works is working with the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction as Scrum Master for the DPI Information Systems, Security and Infrastructure (ISSI) Team and providing Scrum consulting for all DPI Application Teams.
Safe Bridge Solutions, Business Analyst and Project Manager Consultant
March 2012 - January 2013, Madison, WI, United States
Completed the business requirements phase and coordinated the user acceptance testing and implementation of a document repository migration for a local financial group. Conducted the business requirements working sessions, Provided User Acceptance Testing (UAT) leadership and guidance for the Madison, Wisconsin and Great Bend, Kansas offices.
Wisconsin Department of Revenue, Information Technology Manager
January 1986 - June 2011, Madison, WI, United States
• Served as an Applications Development Section Leader for the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR), Division of Technology Services
• Completed the strategic planning and initial integration of Individual Income, Sales, and Excise taxes
• Integrated property and assessment information with municipal and county governments
• Served as a staff member of the Wisconsin Electronic Recording Council to provide technical support for the creation of administrative rules and standards governing property records electronic recording
• Served as the DOR GIS point of contact on the State Agency Geographic Information Council (SAGIC), to develop a state-wide parcel data layer in support of State and County mapping solutions.
• Coordinated the analysis of all Legislative Fiscal Notes for the Division of Technology Services, producing change management and project management estimates.
• Focused on business automation needs for the State and Local Finance Division
• Provided department-wide training sessions on Accelerated Improvement.
• Led a number of electronic filing and web service development projects to streamline DOR and local government processes, including the Real Estate Transfer Return e-filing (eRETR) system
o Served as the eRETR Project Manager during the Requirements and the Development phases
o As Scrum Master, established an agile development model that allowed DOR to build the system in ten months and complete a state-wide rollout two months ahead of schedule
o Met or exceeded all Return on Investment (ROI) targets, saving the DOR in excess of $400,000 annually and the private sector nearly $2 million dollars annually
o Served as the Project Manager for the development of Municipal Assessor Reporting Web Application and File Transfer system
o Served as the Project Manager and Designer for the Configuration Management and Change Control methodology used to govern the Integrated Property Assessment System (IPAS) project
o Served as the Project Manager to develop a Trusted Submitter Security layer for all electronic filing applications under the IPAS umbrella, providing role-based layer of services and application access customized to each client
o Developed and provided a series of on-site Training Sessions for businesses, county officials, and the general public using the eRETR system
o Served as Project Manager for the development of web services with third-party software vendors to streamline reporting between county and state government