(Deloitte) US Patent & Trademarks Office, Release Train Enginer / Agile Project Coach
September 2013 - Present, Alexandria, VA, US
Release Train Engineer/Agile Coach - US Trademarks
Release Train Engineer for Trademarks Next Generation software development as well as Agile Coach.
· Perform typical Scrum Master duties such as overcoming friction/road blocks as well as facilitating all meetings/ceremonies such as the DSU, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, and backlog grooming sessions.
· Working to move organization to a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
· Build consensus for standards and best practices and then provide coaching for teams to align to them.
· Work with tool providers (Rally) to ensure tool is implemented in accordance with agreed upon standards as well as provide coaching to align team with expected standards and best practices.
· Work with team to develop an Agile Center of Excellence.
Agile Project Manager - Public Facing Web Application
Manage and report planning and resources utilization using Microsoft Project and an Enterprise Planning and Management Reporting tool but have replaced the majority of sequential processes with cadences for Planning, Review, and Retrospectives for Releases and Sprints.
Other duties included: resources acquisition, monetary tracking, and risk and issue management.
(Deloitte) Program Management Office - Constellation Energy, Agilest
April 2013 - July 2013, Baltimore, MD, United States
Agilest – Program Management Office
· Introduced Agile principles, ceremonies, and concepts to team responsible for determining potential courses of action (COA) and cost avoidance measures for 100+ systems acquired through the organizations acquisition of a competitor.
· Provided training on how to conduct a daily standup and Kanban.
· Introduced concept of iterative reviews which entailed providing COA and cost avoidance to business leaders on a biweekly basis to better ensure we were providing enough justification to make a decision.
· Coached facilitators holding daily standups and Kanban grooming sessions.
(Deloitte) Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, Scrum Master / Agile Project Manager
January 2013 - April 2013, Vienna, VA, United States
Scrum Master - Public Facing Case Management System
Introduced Scrum as the five month old project I inherited was in engineering paralysis and had not demonstrated what they have been working on. Introduced Scrum through informal training then provided mentoring and coaching on near daily basis. Assumed permanent control over a conference room and utilized the walls as a physical Scrum board.
After 3 weeks of being onboard, the team provide its first Sprint Review to the customer followed by successful reviews every two weeks afterwards.
Agile Project Manager - Public Facing Case Management System
Veered away from the Waterfall-based project management practices by replacing sequential processes in the project plan with just cadences for Planning, Review, and Retrospectives for Releases and Sprints.
Other duties included: acquisition of resources, Risk and issue management, and reducing documentation to just that required for training and support.
Office of Intelligence and Analysis - Dept. of Treasury, Scrum Master / Senior Software Engineer
June 2009 - January 2013, Washington, DC, United States
Treasury Classified Information System (TCIS)
Scrum Master for two (2) TCIS software engineering projects. Agile trainer and coach (Scrum, Kanban, and XP).
Kanban facilitator for non-development teams utilizing SharePoint.
eXtreme Programming (XP) practitioner.