Vertafore, Senior Project Manager/Agile Coach
April 2007 - June 2013, Bothell, WA, United States
· Organizational change management: As software development project manager, lead transition of flagship product software development group of approximately 50 developers, analysts and quality assurance resources from traditional waterfall environment to Agile. Identified cross functional team profile, expectations, training and transition plan. Implemented and supported plan as coach and mentor for 4 years plus subsequent transition for other product teams.
· Facilitation and training: Built successful, collaborative teams by facilitating planning, brainstorming, task breakdowns, reviews and retrospective meetings. Trained cross functional team members in agile and scrum practices and provided training, tools and tips for teams new to scrum framework.
· Mentor and Coach: Worked with managers, product owners, scrum masters and team members to apply agile practices to software delivery across 3 major product lines to improve development and delivery. Identified individuals with interest and passion for roles, mentored those individuals to understand responsibilities and challenges and championed the transition into roles of product owner and scrum master.
· Leader: Champion and promote scrum practices and build trust across all levels including non-team members, team members, scrum masters, product owners, middle managers, senior managers and executives.
· Program management: Develop forecasting and scheduling reports for senior management. Identified opportunities to scale scrum practices across multiple teams developing on same product line for release delivery. Maintained release milestone and delivery dates for multiple products and identified cross product and critical path dependencies, and identify conflicts for shared resources such as application regression testing, data center release and implementation teams.
· Identify training and process to adopt software development best practices
· Provide continuity of across products engaging managers and teams
· Develop reporting tools, facilitate communication and manage expectations