ADP AdvancedMD, Agile Evangelist
July 2011 - Present, South Jordan, UT, United States
Developed recommendations for applying Agile to Product Development and advocated use of Agile throughout the Product Development Lifecycle.
· Mentored and trained peers in Project Management department in mature application of Agile principles and methodology.
· Created Agile methodology model specific to the needs of the company, including specific project management support, for implementation throughout the Product Management Lifecycle.
· Coached colleagues across Engineering in mature application of Agile principles and practices.
backcountry.com, IT Operations Project Manager/Program Manager/Process Engineer
June 2008 - July 2011, Park City, UT, United States
Created value by applying Agile and Lean concepts while managing cross-functional projects requiring matrix management in the coordination of technical teams and users at all levels.
· Developed leadership program for emerging leaders within Backcountry.com. Personally mentored several individuals, including the IT Director and Director of Engineering Architecture.
· Drove numerous projects through the Product Development Lifecycle, from roadmapping, through project initiation to development, implementation and measurement of KPI’s to drive future iterations of the product.
· Consistently managed extensive portfolio of projects, such as moving a data center and creating highly available environments for critical systems including the root database with zero downtime.
· Trained colleagues in the use of Agile principles and methodologies.
· Identified gaps and inefficiencies in multiple processes throughout the company and used Lean tools and concepts to create value by correcting those processes using Value Stream Mapping.
· Produced processes for critical needs throughout the company, including development, finance, HR, merchandising and operations. Advanced methods for nominating and prioritizing projects.
· Led development of IT infrastructure and business application projects in high-growth environment.
· Implemented tools for managing service requests, project timelines and department workflows, including customization of workflows and creating and conducting general and specialized training.
· Created transparency into IT projects that dramatically increased the communication and visibility required by senior management, driving success factors for individual accountability.
· Contributed to the development of short- and long-term IT strategy. Helped create annual roadmap and milestones.
· Created successful engagement model for support of software development by operations department.
· Implemented Disaster Recovery solution with 5 minute RPO/8 hour RTO baselines in 24/7 SaaS environment.
· Standardized documentation process.
Headwaters Incorporated, IT Director
January 2004 - April 2008, South Jordan, UT, United States
Improved support for over 900 users located at over 140 sites in a $1B diversified company. Defined service processes to address escalation, resolution, SLAs, customer satisfaction and root cause analysis. Led infrastructure, system engineering and application implementation projects. Completed all projects on time and on or under budget using Agile and Lean principles and practices.
· Used financial analysis to implement changes in purchasing, reducing cycle times by 50% & costs by 20%.
· Integrated systems and teams during mergers and acquisitions processes.
· Implemented and enforced security standards and policies.
· Implemented and ensured Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) compliance.
· Participated in a governance council that approved and prioritized all projects and initiatives.
· Created training and development program for my team. Dealt personally with personnel issues, including hiring and termination.
· Initiated and led a strategic project to consolidate telecom spending, reducing spending by over $250,000 and eliminating the need to hire additional personnel to support a rapidly growing business.
· Negotiated contracts and ensured software licensing compliance within departmental budget of $5 Million.