My first experience in Scrum and Agile is as a level 3 Technical Support Engineer while liasing with the Research and Development (R&D) department at F-Secure Corporation. I attended the Scrum meeting and read through the Scrum artifacts for the teams in R&D I liaise with.
F-Secure has been practising Scrum since 2006 and almost all employees have a good understanding of Scum and Agile.
I then joined the R&D department in 2011 as a Scrum Master for a team in the F-Secure Internet Security 2012 project which was developing the Online Safety component. I was also involved as a tester of the Internet Security software when and where required. I followed the Scrum process thoroughly and ensured that all team members understands the process and the value and benefits of it. The team members comprises of developers and testers with many years of experience in Scrum while there are also some which are new and has no experience in Scrum.
I was then asked by the R&D Director to also be a Scrum Master for the R&D tools team which provided tools for the R&D team.
We practise Scrum of Scrum (SoS) amongst other Scrum Masters in Kuala Lumpur, Helsinki and Bordeaux to collaborate and share updates of what is the status of the project the team is working on. SoS is also used to resolve any impediments or obstacles any of the team is currently facing. Issues are highlighted and discussed and lessons learned are documented to avoid similar occurence of incidents and to be better prepared with a solution if similar incidents were to happen.
I was the Scrum Master for the following projects:-
1. F-Secure Internet Security 2011 Online Safety project (February 2011 - December 2011)
2. Browsing Protection and Online Safety Maintenance team (December 2011 - September 2012)
3. KL R&D Tools Team - Providing tools to the Scrum teams in Kuala Lumpur Development Centre.
Project Manager for :-
1. Lean Radiator Project (June 2012 - September 2012)
2. KL R&D Tools Team - Dynamic Virtual Machine Provisioning Project (February 2012 - May 2012)
3. KL R&D Tools Team - SVN to GIT migration Project (February 2012 - May 2012)
Overall I had a wonderfull experience working with a team of developers, testers, Scrum Masters and Project Managers in F-Secure.
I then joined Baker Hughes in October, 2013 as a Project Manager. I was the Scrum Master of a few application development projects. The team here are comprising of members that are located at different locations worldwide so most of our Scrum meetings are held virtually. It was a challenge at first but eventually everyone became familiar and was more accomodating to the process and tools.
Among the projects I worked in are:
1. SLA Dashboard
2. Skills Analysis
3. Cost Center Reporting
4. Lablink Water Management System Enhancement
5. Health Safety Environment (HSE) Audit System Enhancement
6. SAP Access System Enhancement