HITESH SHAH, PMP, CSM
21 Stanley DriveMonroe, New Jersey 08831-7905 732.272.4794
SUMMARYProject/Program and QA Manager with over fourteen years of management experience in the IT industry as a team player, motivator and high achiever with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Developed expertise in managing RUP and Agile/Scrum based multiphase projects including offshore projects, structuring the QA process, and designing test plans and test tools in a startup environment.
• Program Management: Agile development, Scrum, RUP, MS Project, Clarity, JIRA/GreenHopper, Version One, SeeNowDo, Spherical Angle, and MS Office
• QA: switches, routers, network security, data protection, applications, systems, and SAN • Networking Protocols: TCP/IP, RSTP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Multicast, IPSec, QoS, and DHCP
• Data Protection: disaster recovery, system recovery and data protection for OS (Windows, Linux, Solaris, UNIX, OES, and Netware servers), virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V, and XEN), and applications (Exchange, SQL, Oracle, SharePoint, Lotus Domino, GroupWise, and DB2).
• Test Tools: Ixia, Smartbits, Adtech, QA Robot, Chariot, and ANVL
• Tools: QTP, WinRunner, RFT, Rational DDTS, JIRA, and Bugzilla
• Operating Systems: MS Windows, Linux, UNIX, Solaris, VMware, Hyper-V, OES, and Netware
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE MAY 2011 - May 2012
Pearson Technology, Old Tappan, New Jersey, NJ 07675
Agile adoption across enterpise, coverge tools for Agile, Project Management, Software Configuration Management, Code Static Analysis, Continuous Integration, Test Automation, Defect Management and Deployment Automation.
MEDIAOCEAN, New York, New York(Previous Name: Donovan Data Systems) Project Manager Managing Agile/Scrum based program and release management for digital portfolio projects and coaching Agile/ Scrum methodology to project teams.
• Release Management for OS and iDesk 3.x, both Service-Oriented-Architecture based programs. Developed implementation process and production deployment workflow. Managed documentation, support, training and marketing user stories for new releases using Scrum methodology.
• Managing Agile/Scrum based development projects for MySQL to Oracle Migration and Extract. Coaching Agile/ Scrum methodologies while executing the projects.
• Developed branch structure recommendations based on Martin Flower’s continuous integration white paper.
• Program management: developed process to track projects’ dependencies and Scrum of Scrums.
• Self-studying to obtain Six Sigma Green Belt/Lean certification.
SYNCSORT INC, Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey 2005 - 2011Senior Project Manager (2008-2011)
Managed product life cycle (PLC) for multiphase projects, including OEM partnership programs. Responsibilities were releases of data protection software that involved scope, schedule, budget and quality. Program involved cross-functional communication within the company and with OEM partners for successful execution.
• Established and coached Scrum-based Agile development process for the entire development, QA and documentation teams.
• Managed OEM partnership programs that included development based on SOW (statement of work), SOW updates, and weekly program meetings with partners. In addition to software, program included delivery of documentation, training, support and marketing demos.
• Organized and ran six parallel Scrum teams including Scrum of Scrums for major releases, with guidance of a professional scrum coach.
• Successfully established RUP (Rational Unified Process) for software development that included development and review of design and use cases. In addition, coached development team iterative RUP process including use cases development.
• Managed product certification projects with key partners such as Microsoft, VMware and NetApp.
• As a member of the R&D steering committee, managed several special projects such as core-systems protection, build process improvements and product usability improvements.
• Received PMP & CSM certifications.
• Researched tools for requirement management, critical chain methodology, Agile/scrum and XP processes that included TDD and continuous integration.
• Managed four major releases, two partners programs and eight major features/enhancements.
Senior Manager – Software (2005-2008)
Managed QA of data protection application software; key responsibilities were systems, functional, stress, performance and regression QA. In addition, managed beta program, competitive analysis and product certifications.
• Built QA team by hiring five test engineers and test labs; developed test plans using various mathematical models such as orthogonal arrays and JIT techniques.
• Performed QA on three major BEX software releases over four years with significant increases in quality standards.
• Managed over 100 product certifications that include Microsoft, VMware, NetApp, EMC, Novell, IBM, Data Domain and Quantum products.
• Managed competitive analysis with three major leaders in the data protection field.
• Provided weekly dashboards for management that included charts, statistics and defects trends.• Provided product training to Support and Professional Services, managed beta programs.
• Managed development of web based supported technology database to simplify presentation of supported products and features.
RIVERSTONE NETWORKS, Santa Clara, California 2000 – 2005QA Manager/ Release Manager
Managed DVT/SVT qualification of Riverstone ROS software and switch/router products; responsibilities included functional, system, regression, solution, performance, scalability and interoperability tests. In addition, was responsible for release management for major offshore projects.
• Established the QA process for ROS software releases, defined and implemented automated 48-hour and full regression test processes and test methodologies to gain higher-level confidence in a shorter QA cycle.
• Managed qualification for systems and hardware modules that included MPLS, POS, ATM and CT3.
• Managed QA dashboards with vital statistics such as defects trend and projects’ status. In addition, managed tech-talks, test plan reviews and defects triage.
• Added customer specific topology tests for routing and MPLS protocols to QA.
• Coordinated interoperability tests with IOL: UNH for BGP, OSPF, IGMP, DVMRP, LDP and RSVP
• Created intranet to post QA reports and progress in order to provide real time accurate information to all departments.
• Provided guidance to offshore operations regarding QA processes and test lab. In addition, managed training and transfer of information for offshore QA engineers.
REDCREEK COMMUNICATION, Inc. Newark, California. 1999 – 2000QA ManagerManaged quality assurance for Red Creek, a startup company developing IP security products for enterprise.
• Established a QA process that included test plans, bug tracking system, and software release processes
• Initiated test automation processes using Mercury WinRunner. Coached staff of four on WinRunner; automated 15% of test cases in six months.• Managed QA for Java based client application for VPN management software.
• Initiated functional and stress labs and developed performance criteria for VPN QA.
HITACHI PC, Milpitas, California 1997 – 1999Test Engineering ManagerManaged compatibility tests for Hitachi servers and desktop and notebook products; directed testing performed by external labs (XXCAL and NSTL) and OEM partners.
• Initiated system qualification process for Hitachi PC and developed and standardized test processes.
• Established QA lab for compatibility and network stress testing for NT/Novell certification.
• Managed compatibility testing of BIOS changes, operating systems, modem, LAN, batteries, memory, backup devices and system modules.
• Coordinated certification tests for systems and storage with Microsoft WHQL, Novell “Yes” and “SCO OK.”
UNISYS CORPORATION, San Jose, California 1990 – 1997Principal Test Engineer Qualified pre-loading and releasing Windows NT, NetWare and Unix operating systems for Unisys servers; performed Microsoft and Novell certification tests for Unisys systems.
• Tested and obtained Novell certification for over 40 Unisys systems.• Standardized performance and competitive analysis process.
• Qualified Servers, Desktops, LAN, RAID, SCSI and video adapters. • Managed RCAT (Root Cause Analysis Team) for customer issues.
• Represented compatibility lab in successful ISO 9001 certification.
EDUCATIONB.S.E.E, J & K University, Srinagar, IndiaM.S.E.E (9 credits completed), NJIT, New Jersey, USA
Scrum Master: CSM– Scrum Alliance (2010)
Project Management Institute – PMP (2009)
Mercury WinRunner Certificate (2000)Mercury
QTP Certificate (2006)
Microsoft Product Specialist (MS Windows, TCP/IP – 1998)
SCO UNIX System V/386 Administration (1995)
CNE -- Certified NetWare Engineer (1994)
Recognition for successful implementation of Rational Unified Process (2010)
Recognition for managing development of Supported Technology Database Tool (2007)
Riverstone: Achievement Award for customer satisfaction (2000)
Unisys: Achievement Award for Excellence (1993 and 1994)