The Knowland Group, Director of Product Management
April 2012 - October 2012, Lewes, DE, United States
Responsible for development and implementation of product management and software development processes and development of multiple products.
• Implemented Agile development methodologies with the product and engineering teams.
• Selected and implemented software solutions to support the move to Agile development.
• Implemented design, testing, and release processes that improved the quality of releases dramatically.
• Managed four product management team members with three as direct reports.
• Managed the engineering team of 17 people, all located in India.
• Worked with the client services and sales teams to identify development priorities.
• Directly managed the development of the company’s mission-critical sales and catering solution.
Active Network, Inc., Product Director
November 2009 - March 2012, Philadelphia, PA, United States
Responsible for strategic development of multiple products to increase competitiveness and sales.
• Was the product owner on multiple Agile scrum teams, attending all relevant meetings and writing and prioritizing user stories.
• Liaised with all internal and customer stakeholders on technical projects for both existing and new products.
• Designed, managed development of, and launched a new product for meeting location optimization: Meeting Optimizer.
• Managed multiple releases of existing software technology, including major infrastructure changes required to change to a service-based architecture.
• Developed strategic plans and business cases for executive committee consideration in yearly planning process.
• Worked with both corporate and hotel customers to identify opportunities for improving existing products and building new ones.
• Provided support for both renewals and net-new deals.
• Successfully managed OEM relationship with an external software provider.
Active Network, Inc. (StarCite), Global Account Manager
February 2006 - October 2009, Philadelphia, PA, United States
Responsible for management and expansion of a portfolio of major clients through organic growth and sales of additional products.
• Wrote business requirements for software development.
• Assisted scrum product owners with prioritizing user stories.
• Represented customers as a product stakeholder, attending scrum planning and review meetings.
• Managed all projects for a portfolio of over 12 customers, liaising with all stakeholders.
• Analyzed customer needs to ensure timely and full value contract renewals, identify new business opportunities, and achieve and exceed growth goals and annual quota requirements.
• Developed strategies to create, execute, and fulfill on an annual account master plan for the renewal and expansion of all company product categories offered to client base.
• Leveraged appropriate staff and departments to ensure customer requirements and commitments were met.
• Client portfolio included Johnson & Johnson, SAIC, KPMG, PwC, McKesson, AllianceBernstein, EMC, and Starbucks.