Accomplished, solutions-focused, and forward-thinking IT professional, with verifiable successful career in managing and integrating highly complex technology solutions that coalesce with organizational objectives. Powered with more than two decades of consistent achievements in providing innovation, strategic planning, organizational change management, team building, agile and traditional project management, scrum master, and technology management. Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent problem solver.
The power of agile; throughout my career, I always worked as an agilest, advocating the need to create small chunks of work to fit into an achievable time-frame to show customers progress on our work. I always believed it was important to get the customers involved early, so they could see the product that’s being built and provide feedback. I saw opportunities to get started, advocating the need to make progress on the project while the other features continued to get evaluated. The moment I was introduced to agile, I felt the “light-bulb moment” coalesce and project management became as natural as breathing. My challenges with convincing upper management to adjust to a more suitable method of development, finally manifested into a recognized form of project management called “Agile”. I realized that my mind had always been working as an agilest. I strongly believe, in everything we do, it's better to get started today then wait for tomorrow. For some of us, tomorrow will never come.
Areas OF EXPERTISE
Agile Project Manager
Planning & Scheduling
Reporting / Presentation
Budgeting / Cost Control
IT Security Compliance
Software Life Cycle
Leopard Solutions, Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master/Scrum Coach
June 2012 - July 2014, New York City, New York, US
• Serve as adviser to executives regarding technology interdependencies that coalesce with business initiatives.
• Execute and maintain program management processes and disciplines in the areas of: program schedule and quality management; communications management; human resource management; cost management; procurement management; risk / issue management; change management;
• Oversee schedule and budget for all technology projects.
• Converted organization to Agile project management methodologies
o Actively manage software development projects using agile project management along with agile software development methodologies.
o Facilitate daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint review, and sprint retrospective.
o Facilitate scrum of scrum with offshore teams in India and Romania and onshore team in New York City
o Provide visibility to team impediments/risks and help eliminate them
• Coach and mentor agile teams; developers in Romania, India, and United States; testers; product owners; Work daily to continuously improve agile teams and provide feedback via one-on-one meetings, daily scrum meetings, and monthly retrospective meetings.