I've had a passion for Agile development while I was in college, before I began my career. At Inbox Marketer, when the company brought their SaaS development in house, I was given the opportunity to be the team's ScrumMaster. I excel at project coordination and team leadership, which made me a natural fit for the role. I focused on shortening meeting and sharing development status of the product, which quickly earned respect for me and for the Scrum process at the company.
After a few months of successful iterations the company paid for me to receive my ScrumMaster certification. This gained me more respect amongst my colleagues as my understanding of Scrum and Agile improved. I continued to improve my understanding through the Scrum Alliance community.
I recently have been awarded my Certified Scrum Professional designation. This asserted my expertise and ability to apply Scrum and Agile practices.
I am teaching Scrum and Agile process to my colleges at all levels of my organization. I explain it in a way that highlight the complexity and risk of software project management and how the empirical process control assists in concert product improvements. Every project that I’ve applied Scrum principles has shown drastic improvements.
Inbox Marketer, Project Coordinator
July 2011 - Present, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- Implemented Agile methodologies that reduced the product's time to market and ability to adapt to change.
- I was brought into a variety of technical projects to help co-ordinate the team, report on progress, remove obstacles, and bring it to completion.
- Coached the Product Owner on collaborating market problems with the team through prioritized user stories, mock diagrams and acceptance tests.
- Captured teams productivity by implementing Project Management tools, such as Microsoft's TFS and Pivotal Tracker.
- Used daily stand up meetings, as well as a Kanban Board, to empower team to tactically coordinate themselves and upholding their sprint goals.
- Assisted the Product Owner in deeply understanding the technological complexities and coupling them with the market's demands so that he could discuss the product strategically, as a roadmap, amongst the stakeholders.
- Worked with the development team with implement Pair Programming and TDD, to reduce knowledge siloing and increase courage to coding in unfamiliar areas.
- Chaired meeting so efficently that I was brought in to assist in the Dev-Ops and Enterprise Architecture meetings
- Reduced time to market feedback cycle by focusing on a strong foundation of automated testing and regular integration.
- Identified patterns to implement process changes that made companies development process more lean