HealthTronics, Agile Coach / Scrum Master
July 2013 - Present, Livingston, VA, United States
Serving as an Agile Coach / Scrum Master to support Software Development Process Transformation by providing orientation sessions, workshops, and direct execution support for agile teams across the organization. My support activities include but are not limited to:
• Agile-Scrum project management / Agile transition support
• Provide inputs and feedback on Agile Program Management Plans
• Scrum training, execution support, and reporting on assigned Agile pilot projects
• Provide requirements management support (Themes, Epics, User Story Training and Development)
• Facilitate Daily Scrum meetings and other Scrum activities for projects
• Provide Sprint burndown and burnup reports after sprints
• Facilitate Retrospectives & provide sprint retrospective summary reports
• Provide measurement and analysis models for evaluating scrum executioners
• Provide agile orientation sessions for novice and mature scrum teams
• Team implementer and Coach of Agile Practices
• Coach teams to maximize Stand-ups, Backlogs, Sprint Planning Meetings, Retrospectives, Reviews, Story Board, Story Writing, Information Radiator
K12 Inc., Scrum Master
November 2013 - April 2013, Herndon, VA, United States
Interface with key stakeholders to advocate for continual process improvement of Agile, waterfall and software delivery processes and practices to ensure the successful delivery of the product and improved efficiency of resources.
• Partner with internal cross-functional teams for onboarding projects, scoping, scheduling and coordinating all deployment activities of releases to the test and production environments.
• Create and communicate detailed project plans, coordinate implementation processes, including progress tracking, status and metric reporting, and facilitate all release meetings.
• Manage entire project lifecycle from project definition/scope through implementation. Develop project plan and drive project milestones.
• Employ project management methodologies and tools like MS Project, AtTask, Jira GreenHopper to manage project, improve communication and ensure success.
• Identify, coordinate and manage resources and key stakeholders for project.
• Maintain relevant metrics that help the team track progress and generate information.
• Ensure effective change management occurs throughout the course of the project.
• Develop and manage all communication plans, training and documentation.
• Deliver projects on time, at/under budget and within scope. Communicate project status to all stakeholders on a regular basis throughout lifecycle of the project.
• Conduct release planning with the cross-functional team to ensure project activities and deliverables are in sync with milestones along the school year.
Hobsons, Scrum Master
May 2012 - November 2012, Clarendon, VA, United States
Serve as Scrum Master for an Agile Scrum team. We continue to adopt Agile practices and are at the point of implementing software testing automation to further efficiencies that can be achieved from implementing Agile methodologies in this area.
Irving Burton Associates, Project Manager
January 2010 - May 2012, Falls Church, VA, United States
Served as project manager for a team that started out with semi Agile methodologies and continued to adopt Agile practices as they transitioned from Waterfall to Agile methodologies completely.