Voice Media Group, Product Manager
September 2012 - March 2014, Los Angeles, CA, United States
• Lead the redesign and development of 25+ apps on iOS and Android, to improve usability and increase user engagement, growing pageviews by 46% year over year
• Worked with sales and marketing to create revenue opportunities across multiple platforms, including apps, mobile web, sms/text, push notifications, mobile newsletters, sponsored content and relevant, paid search results
• Implemented project management, help desk and bug tracking systems for all development, support and quality assurance departments, creating multiple channels for feedback, improving team communication and streamlining the QA processes resulting in higher store ratings and significantly reduced support response times
Village Voice Media, Project Manager
November 2004 - September 2012, Culver City, CA, United States
Mobile Project Manager, Corporate
Web Project Manager, Corporate
• Planned and managed full lifecycle projects from initial concept and requirement stages, through design and development, to final implementation, documentation and user training as a direct report to the Chief Information Officer.
• Managed development and support staff using Agile and Scrum techniques to ensure deadlines and budgets were met for all projects, both local and in conjunction with resources at multiple offsite locations, including outsourced developers.
• Managed multiple concurrent projects in assorted environments ranging in length from a few days to over a year with as many as 10 developers on a single project.
• Major projects included: Mobile site content design and development, iPhone and Android applications, major CMS data migrations, Blog CMS development and maintenance, Social Media integration (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Stumble) and Search Engine Optimizations.
• Coordinated sharing of personnel resources with managers of multiple departments based on project requirements, personnel skills, availability and priority. Provided status and activity reports to all involved parties.
• Developed quality assurance procedures to ensure that all development met or exceeded functional requirements.
• Conducted performance appraisals and disciplinary reviews. Determined increases and bonuses based on both longevity and productivity. Provided direction and mentoring to staff to encourage both personal and professional growth.
Nova Development, Project Manager
March 2001 - October 2004, Calabasas, CA, United States
Project Manager, Quality Assurance
• Managed new and ongoing IT and Web projects, including new products and technologies, development and research, and internal systems. Throughout the life of the project, facilitated communications with developers, quality assurance, focus groups, departmental and user feedback, marketing, design and others to ensure project goals were met.
• Lead strategic planning meetings for the projects which included ensuring that all project requirements were correctly developed, understood and translated, and confirmed and disseminated all necessary project information and guidelines to the proper departments.
• Developed quality assurance test plans for all projects through the life of the project, through release, support and patches.
• Produced technical documentation for software including troubleshooting guides and complete visual walk-throughs.
• Worked with Technical Support teams to make them aware of potential support issues.
SBP Software Solutions, Project Manager
December 1999 - September 2001, Simi Valley, CA, United States
SBP Software Solutions, Simi Valley, CA, 1999 - 2001
Project Manager, Quality Assurance, Systems Support
• Managed new and ongoing technical client projects, including planning and reporting.
• Facilitated communications with clients, developers and quality assurance throughout the life of all projects.
• Prioritized project objectives to ensure timely completion.