CleverSource, LLC, ScrumMaster
December 2013 - Present, Herndon, VA, United States
• Serves the organization as a full-time ScrumMaster in the application of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
• Conducts daily stand-up meetings with a cross-functional development team, helping team members focus limited resources on continuous delivery of working software.
• Conducts bi-weekly sprint reviews, retrospectives and planning events to verify progress toward and adapt to changes in enterprise-level objectives.
• Coaches individual team members in how to employ Agile development practices to improve personal productivity and job satisfaction.
Agilex, Scrum Coach
November 2012 - November 2013, Chantilly, VA, United States
Scrum Master / Business Analyst - Supporting L-3 Stratis, Reserve Component Automation
· Developed user stories, technical tasks, and a project roadmap for implementation of a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery environment during project start-up.
· Coached a cross-functional development team in the adoption of Kanban practices to assess, resolve and deliver corrections for a large backlog of outstanding trouble tickets.
Scrum Coach - Windshear II
· Led a multi-team, multi-company program organization in the adoption, adaptation and implementation of Agile/Scrum principles and practices.
· Coached Scrum Masters, Product Owners and team members in techniques that enable delivery of working software to the customer every two weeks, and in the use of JIRA as an Agile support tool.
· Advised the prime contractor in scaling Agile practices at the Program and enterprise Portfolio levels.
Sage Solutions Group, Inc., Systems Engineering Consultant
June 2009 - October 2012, Centreville, VA, United States
Voice Identity Biometrics Exploitation Services (VIBES), Deployable CI/HUMINT Portal (DCHIP)
· Led software requirements elicitation, analysis and management activities during transition-to-operations of Army G2-sponsored Quick Reaction Capabilities.
· Implemented a story-based requirements management practice, using Atlassian JIRA to improve the capture, realization and tracking of functional and technical software requirements.
· Coached the client's technical teams in the use of Agile principles and Scrum practices to improve responsiveness to user feedback and accelerate deployment of software updates to users on the battlefield. Coached the infrastructure team during their transition to Scrum.
Lockheed Martin, Sr. Staff Software / Systems Engineer
December 1985 - April 2009, , VA, United States
SLATE - Project Manager/SI
· Led a team of technology specialists in planning for relocation of multiple data centers for a large-scale intelligence data collection operation. Negotiated with stakeholders to determine the impact of the move on operating budgets, develop logistics plans and establish temporary service level agreements.
· Conducted a major data audit and analysis effort for the government customer, reclaiming hundreds of terabytes of electronic storage space and avoiding hundreds of thousands of dollars in unnecessary costs.
· Prepared the program's corporate process compliance plan and drafted initial program management documents.
Program 522 - Team Lead, Software Integration & Test
· Staffed and managed an independent I&T team of corporate and sub-contract personnel in a fast-paced, geographically distributed development effort for a biometrics data analysis system for an IC customer.
· Led the team as ScrumMaster in adoption, application and adaptation of Agile development methodologies to verify rapidly evolving system capabilities.
OpenSource.gov - Software Systems Integration Lead
· Recognized by the IC customer for information assurance analysis and risk mitigation plan prior to migration of the system into a classified environment.
· Developed tactical and strategic technical plans for software releases and upgrades.
· Led a highly skilled, technically diverse team of engineers and technicians.
· Defined technology insertion and refresh requirements, including evaluation, selection and integration of commercial software and hardware components.
Joint Theater Logistics Advanced Concepts Technology Demonstration (ACTD)
· Led a Pilot Services effort, which included providing multi-site operational support for military logistics operations, and maintaining development and integration laboratories.
Joint Logistics ACTD
· Led system integration activities and adapted collaborative system integration processes to support a geographically distributed team.
Software Technology for Adaptable, Reliable Systems ACTD
· Led integration of a web-based information management and automated process support system. Defined an iterative process for integrating COTS-based software-engineering environments.