University of Utah, Masters of Science Student
May 2012 - Present, Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Student in Masters of Science in Information Systems.
Goldman Sachs Group Inc,., Product Manager
June 1999 - March 2012, Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Product Manager/Owner, Reference Data Operations.
- Senior Product Manager on Reference Data Operations responsible for technology projects driven by regulatory, internal audit and firm wide initiatives.
- Drove product development via technical development, and launch of technology solutions to improve productivity, data quality and regulatory compliance.
- Oversaw technology budgets, deployment prioritization and change management for a portfolio of -project streams.
- Functioned as the single point of contact for all enhancement, maintenance and requests.
- Created, maintain, prioritize, and sequence the product backlog based on business value, development cost, and urgency.
- Made business decisions and clearly communicate requirements through epics and stories so they are understood.
- Participated in project planning, daily stand-up meetings (scrums), reviews, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Review deliverable and demonstrable code after every sprint, with the authority to accept or reject.
- Worked with diverse group of local and dispersed Scrum teams on backlog prioritization, funding and strategy planning.
- Ensured backlog and sprints delivered product Increments that were most valuable to the organization
- Defined and analyze metrics that inform the success of projects and identify the highest-impact initiatives.
- Defined product strategy in conjunction with senior management and regulators and ensure buy-in throughout the organization
- Provided product and industry expertise to the cross functional team of engineers, testers and business analysts.
- Effectively identify and communicate project issues and goals with team members and business managers to achieve project goals.