Dov TSAL SELA
During more than 20 twenty years in the software business, my experience always includes
- Hands-on development of different nature (real-time systems, PDA applications, web application, etc.)
- Team and Project management (including SCRUM in the last five years)
- User-orienter usability and argonomy expertise
2012 - GE healthcare, Buc, France: A scrum-master of a new SAAS product, a team of 5 developers.
Product context: Heath-care domain. Technical context: SAAS, .net, Silverlight.
Role highlights include team animation & project orchestration, and propegating agility.
2011 - 2012 Omnikles\Oodrive, Paris, France: A scrum-master and a team lead of a J2EE SAAS product, a team of 4 developers.
Product context: French Public-bidding. Technical context: SAAS, Java.
Role challenges include:
- Taking over the Omnikles project (a suit of six different products) and development team, right after its purchase by Oodrive.
- Coaching and putting in place SCRUM as a development methodology, both at the development level and the Product owner one.
- Putting in place processes, formal development tools and defining a standard development environment (JIRA, SVN, code-review, coding standards, etc.)
- Development: fixing critical bugs, standardising infrastructure, large scale refactoring, etc.
2009 - 2011 Systran, Paris, France: A scrum master and a senior developer.
Product context: Automatic Human language translation. Technical context: SAAS, Java.
Role challenges include:
- Propogating the SCRUM methodology as a development process (a team of five developers), overcoming the absence of a clear product owner and coordination with a remote development team (based in the U.S.)
- Defining a scalable architecture for a performance-critical product.
- Delivering major releases of three different products.
2002 - 2008 BMC Software Israel + France: Project manager, Senior developer.
Product context:Identity management. Technical context: Oracle Workflow, Oracle, C++, Jave
- Israel: Managing three projects in parallel, a team of five developers, based Israel, UK, anf US.
- Relocation to France: Senior developer under SCRUM context in Calendra, a company bought by BMC Israel.
- Integration of the two products : specification, design and development.
2001 MobiMate, Israel: Development team lead
Product context: innovative application for various PDAs (Palm-pilot, Win CE, J2ME)
- Design and development of products and infrastructure (PalmOS and J2ME), Management of a dev. Team (5 developers)
- External consulting services regarding PDA product design and development.
1994-2000 NESS Technologies, Israel: Development team lead
Product context: Military and civilian Air-situation-picture generation, Technical context: X-windows, C++, UNIX.
- Responsible for the development of mission-critical systems, and an argonomic simulation environment
1987-1994 Israel Defense Army – software division:
Last role: Head of a development section of a decentralized operational messaging system (managing a team of 10 developers)
Academic diplome: 1986 B.Sc - Mathematics & comp.sci., Tel Aviv University, Israel
Hobbies: Drawing and guitar (checkout take5and2.blogspot.com)