Highly competent manager with 10+ years experience directing teams in many environments with focus and education in the areas of product management, project management, and marketing. Professionalism, flexibility, and creativity combine to create a strong and unique talent for finding new ways to refine processes and reach company objectives. Diverse knowledge base gives great advantage in communicating between technical departments and upper management. Strong customer advocate who understands that remaining customer-focused solves problems and makes products more valuable.
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
Experienced with Agile tools:
Jira with GreenHopper
American Express, Agile Coach / Scrum Master / Lead Project Manager
September 2012 - Present, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Contracted Consultant through TekSystems
As an Agile Coach, work with American Express in terms of leading them through software implementations while working within the Agile delivery framework. Work as a resource providing guidance, experience, leadership, and structure in terms of how they’re working within Agile methodologies. Lead as them through the implementation of the first agile projects in the company. Coach scrum masters, product owners, and scrum team members. Coach individual scrum teams in all aspects of scrum-daily meetings, planning, self-organization, collaboration and iterative development.
Working as Lead Project Manager (LPM) / Scrum Master (SM) with the Global Prepaid portion of the American Express business. Directly leading projects in the areas of risk and fraud. Directs planning and coordinating of projects from initiation through implementation. Responsible for managing expectations, project costs, resources, portfolio metrics, risk and issues to ensure that maximum business benefit is achieved. Ensures accurate reflection of Project Budgets, Financial and Resource forecasts and Actuals within Clarity. Contributes to continual process improvement and re-engineering activities for the portfolio.
FamilySearch, Agile Product Owner
March 2011 - May 2012, Salt lake city, Utah, United States
- Directed all aspects of product management for 4 different products involved in different aspects of the FamilySearch genealogy product portfolio. Focused on customer insights and feedback to help prioritize new features for development.
- Oversaw several project teams to achieve organizational initiatives and changes. Responsible for project initiation, gathering requirements, planning iterations and executing plans. Controlled risks and coordinated communication between teams and executive management as needed in order to ensure efficiency when efforts could affect different teams across the organization and project deadlines.
- Led one project team to become a separate business portfolio. We grew the function of the product to a large enough priority to be separated out from the FamilySearch group. Managed budget and staffing needs based on priority features on the roadmap.
GeneTree, Agile Product Owner / Director of Operations
August 2007 - July 2010, Salt lake city, Utah, United States
- Directed a team of 15 in launching an online application for the newest of the Sorenson Companies, GeneTree.com. Created market strategies and identified the needed features to improve customer experience; developed marketing plans, projections and budgets for all marketing efforts. We successfully built a database of over 15 million records with over half a million users.
- Designed graphical user interface and user experience of the website and product. Increased user satisfaction by 15% and doubled the time spent on the website.
- Led engineering and quality teams in day-to-day operations through developing new products to increase company viability and guided each team in execution of process and procedures. Focused on enhancing customer satisfaction.