I am an Industrial Engineer (specialized in Electronics and Automatic Control) who studied and started working in Madrid, but soon after moved abroad. Currently I am working in Bremen, Germany.
My areas of work are mainly Engineering Management, currently in Submarine Systems. Even though I am an electronic engineer, I've always been more and more specialized in software, and later on also in management. I have been working in Command and Control Systems, Tactical Communications and Research and Development projects.
Depending on the project my roles have been Engineering Manager, Systems Engineer, Software Architect, Software Responsible or Technical Responsible, with experience in many multinational projects, in Germany, Spain, Greece, Norway, Netherlands, UAE, Switzerland, Hungary and other countries.
My interests are Software Management, Software Development Processes, Software Quality and Test, Project Management, Development Methodologies (everything under the Agile umbrella), and how to apply all that know-how into working teams. I enjoy building teams and having contact with customers and/or subcontractors.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK GmbH, Engineering Manager
January 2012 - Present, Bremen, Bremen, Germany
Engineering Responsible of international projects and R&D activities for the Submarine Systems area.
- Engineering Responsible in the ISUS 90 Sonar and Combat System for the German U212A submarine class, ISUS 90 Training System for the German Navy, Sonar Simulation systems and other smaller projects.
- “Agilization” of the ATLAS Systems Engineering Development Processes. Development of the ISUS Next Generation system
- Development of the ISUS Next Generation system
Rheinmetall Defence Electronics GmbH, Technical Manager
November 2002 - December 2011, Bremen, Bremen, Germany
Technical Responsible, Software Responsible, Systems- and Software-Architect, Technical Project Manager in international projects and R&D activities for the C4ISTAR area.
- Managed the Software Development in complex successful projects.
- Introduced and consolidated Agile development methodologies and tools in traditional teams, increasing productivity up to 400%.
- Performed Business- and System-Analysis, Software Architecture and Design, models, technical-papers, trainings and customer workshops in complex C4IS projects and Systems of Systems.
- Improved the company software development culture by defining programming environments, company coding rules, software factories, development processes and coaching developers in C++, C# and OOD.
Amper Programas, Systems Engineer
January 2000 - October 2002, Bremen, Madrid, Spain
Software and Systems Engineer