Apollo Group, Agile Coach and ScrumMaster
April 2010 - October 2010, Phoenix, AZ., United States
Contractor Apr 2010-Oct2010
The Apollo Group, Sr. Agile Program Manager
· Instructed Agile framework and practices to various teams, serving as the ScrumMaster for multiple scrum teams.
Extreme Networks, Sr. Software Program Manager
March 2008 - January 2010, Santa Clara, CA, United States
Extreme Networks, Santa Clara, CA Mar 2008-Jan 2010
Sr. Software Program Manager
· Program managed all Extreme Networks network software products.
· Served as the Agile Coach to internal departments and ScrumMaster to multiple teams with 2-3 week iterations.
· Re-shaped the former PRDs into a prioritized, vertically sliced product backlog – referenced customer value.
· Chaired Scrum of Scrums meetings to discuss cross functional impediments, solutions and shared project metrics with all.
· Utilized effective Agile metrics to track and report sprint status: estimation accuracy, velocity, burndown, test statistics (coverage, automation, defect analysis) and effect on the Release Plan.
Cisco Systems, Sr. IOS Software Release Mgr.
April 2000 - May 2007, San Jose, CA, United States
Cisco Systems, San Jose, CA Apr 2000-May 2007
Sr. IOS Release Manager
· Oversaw software releases for the Cisco IOS Business Operations organization, which included Cisco IOS infrastructure software releases for Cisco enterprise router products.
· Within a matrix organization, managed cross-functional, multi-geographic teams of 50 or more for the release of network operating system software to enterprise and service provider customers.
· Led weekly OEM customer meetings to review open action items, customer escalations, Beta feedback and change control tasks.
· Conducted quarterly business operation review meetings with Cisco executive staff
· Defined and implemented successful Waterfall and Agile SDLC processes.