Pearson, Director Global Product Lifecycle Adoption & Practice
January 2014 - Present, London, United Kingdom
Working with a great team to help transform the global organisation adopt a learner centric product lifecycle with embedded Lean Startup and Agile principles and practices on a global scale. Helping product teams become great at build, measure, learn practices to meet learner needs.
Pearson, Agile Coach / Scrum Master
July 2013 - December 2013, London, United Kingdom
Part of a team responsible for rolling out a Lean Startup product lifecycle supported by Agile.
Role includes introducing and supporting Agile methodologies at team and organisational level with coaching and training to facilitate continuous improvement. Also involved with supporting other Agile teams across the organisation, including facilitating, supporting and establishing and Agile culture and community.
Working within Pearson International developing global education solutions delivered through mobile technologies including iOS and Android as well as server side technologies such as Node.js. Currently involved in developing several products, working with Agile teams in New York and London, to be rolled out across millions of mobile devices throughout South America, Africa and the Middle East.
BskyB, Scrum Master/Agile Coach
October 2011 - June 2013, London
Working with the highly talented mobile software development teams at BSkyB focusing on iOS and Android platforms as part of BSkyB's new internet TV service NowTV.
An exciting collaborative program with a multi platform Agile department working with other scrum teams and scrum masters to produce a green field product release. Working within a very large Agile organisation using many variants of Agile including Scrum, kanban and more.
Tracesmart Ltd, Head Of Product Development
October 2010 - October 2011, Cardiff
ID/Trace & People Search orientated software services.
- Agile Coaching
- Maintaining a product focused development strategy
- Implementing Kanban
- Product Management /Managing Product Owners
- Line Managing Developers, Testers/QA
- Scrum Master
- Supporting development practices such as introducing XP techniques and practices, TDD, Supporting and encouraging Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Delivering MMF by value and working with stakeholders to identify MVP
- Maintaining and encouraging a continuous improvement practice
Tracesmart Ltd, IT Manager (Scrum Master/Agile Coach)
March 2010 - October 2010, Cardiff
- Scrum Master & Coach
- Managing the IT department which includes designers,developers,testers,BA's and support.
- Recruiting and building new product teams
- Product Development/Strategies
- Software Architecture & Web Development
- Business Analysis
- Ensuring that the company security policies are in practice at all times (ISO27001)
- Changed the business from a Waterfall to Agile approach
Hargreaves Lansdown, Web Developer
August 2006 - March 2008, Bristol
I was a senior web developer working on some of the exciting online systems offered by Hargreaves Lansdown. These are delivered via hl.co.uk and consist of pension services, share dealing, fund account management and other such financial services. During this period the company was floated onto the FTSE250 (now FTSE100) and this was an exciting moment to be a part of in terms of business and technology.
February 2000 - August 2006,
Ad-Hoc systems development in the following domains: Business Intelligence, E-Commerce, Manufacturing, CRM