A believer in people over processes, Craig now approaches product development with the mind set of trusting and empowering people working within teams who carry out the work. As emphasised within the Agile community, Craig believes empowered teams deliver more value to businesses and have higher levels of engagement with the product which leads to the development and delivery of more innovative products. Helping facilitate the development of teams and businesses within software environment, Craig aims to improve business agility and product delivery practices. This is fundamentally driven by iterative development practices, systems thinking and working closely with people at all levels of the business. Craig is a firm believer in the practices of adaptive management and this falls into the fundamental beliefs and processes of Agile development.
To achieve the development goals, Craig practices several Agile frameworks and methodologies including, but not limited to Scrum, Kanban and Lean with an embedded systems thinking approach. Craig is also a facilitator of the South Wales Agile Group and attends regular gatherings and conferences mainly around London, to share ideas with like minded people as well as engaging with others through several online communities.
Interested in :
Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Theory Of Constraints, Systems Thinking and all things Agile
More Info : http://www.strongandagile.co.uk/
BskyB, Scrum Master/Agile Coach
October 2011 - Present, London
Working with the highly talented mobile software development teams at BSkyB focusing on iOS and Android platforms as part of BSkyB's new internet TV service NowTV.
An exciting collaborative program with a multi platform Agile department working with other scrum teams and scrum masters to produce a green field product release. Working within a very large Agile organisation using many variants of Agile including Scrum, kanban and more.
Tracesmart Ltd, Head Of Product Development
October 2010 - October 2011, Cardiff
ID/Trace & People Search orientated software services.
- Agile Coaching
- Maintaining a product focused development strategy
- Implementing Kanban
- Product Management /Managing Product Owners
- Line Managing Developers, Testers/QA
- Scrum Master
- Supporting development practices such as introducing XP techniques and practices, TDD, Supporting and encouraging Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Delivering MMF by value and working with stakeholders to identify MVP
- Maintaining and encouraging a continuous improvement practice
Tracesmart Ltd, IT Manager (Scrum Master/Agile Coach)
March 2010 - October 2010, Cardiff
- Scrum Master & Coach
- Managing the IT department which includes designers,developers,testers,BA's and support.
- Recruiting and building new product teams
- Product Development/Strategies
- Software Architecture & Web Development
- Business Analysis
- Ensuring that the company security policies are in practice at all times (ISO27001)
- Changed the business from a Waterfall to Agile approach
Hargreaves Lansdown, Web Developer
August 2006 - March 2008, Bristol
I was a senior web developer working on some of the exciting online systems offered by Hargreaves Lansdown. These are delivered via hl.co.uk and consist of pension services, share dealing, fund account management and other such financial services. During this period the company was floated onto the FTSE250 (now FTSE100) and this was an exciting moment to be a part of in terms of business and technology.
February 2000 - August 2006,
Ad-Hoc systems development in the following domains: Business Intelligence, E-Commerce, Manufacturing, CRM