Accenture, Senior Business Analyst
February 2013 - Present, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Working as Business Analyst on Accenture's product suite - Accenture Life Insurance Platform.
Liasoning with senior management to understand and define business requirements and product roadmaps.
Manage Product and Customer Releases, Author Business Requirements Document, Functional Requirements, Use Cases, Prototypes.
Marlabs Software Pvt Ltd, Senior Business Analyst
June 2012 - January 2013, Pune, Maharashtra, India
• Liaisoning with the business unit and regional business leaders in order to understand the priorities, requirements and needs of the organization and customers, and to provide solutions that enable the business unit to achieve its goals
• Currently working on consulting assignments in Wealth Management domain focussing on implementation of advisory solutions, portfolio analysis solutions, wealth management products etc.
• Continuously interacting with HSBC UK teams for managing projects on wealth management and life and pensions.
• Handling portfolio of projects for UK and Europe region on wealth management.
• Conduct individual interviews and group meetings with key business users / leaders as needed for requirements gathering and requests for change.
• Interacting with business stakeholders for requirements gathering, analysis, documentation and preparation of functional specification etc.
• Interacting with the technical team to ensure that the requirements are clear and well understood
• Review Test strategy & test specifications, assist in Functional testing and provide UAT support
• Prepare a traceability matrix from the requirements to the functional solution
• Provide inputs for new projects preparation and support the project manager in estimations & other activities
• Responsible for delivery of the program/project on time, on budget and acceptable quality.
• Responsible for Project Planning, Tracking, Status Reporting, Risk Management and Change Management
• Ensure compliance to the SDLC and PMO processes
• Review the overall plans and ensuring that all project are effectively planned in terms of priorities and deliverables
• Ensure effective scoping and estimation across projects to produce win-win results
• Ensure baseline of deliverables at various phases as the project progresses
• Conduct Project Kick off and publish the baseline Project plan, Communication & Escalation plan, RACI Matrix and Risk Register.
• Conduct workshops to review the Project Plan and baseline the same
• Weekly Status reporting that include Budget tracking and weekly Calls on Project Progress with all stakeholders
• Participate in organization’s training, interview and knowledge initiatives.
• Coordinating with the groups of business unit to determine any issues in services and products.
• Perform Business Process Improvement using various business consulting tools and methodologies.
• Create detailed action plans that include organizational change management, resource planning, competitive strategies, and alliances to embark on a new strategic direction and to enable successful deployment of solutions.
• Incorporate best practices & development methodologies into every stage of the project management lifecycle.
Major Projects Handled
1. Auto Enrolment of Subscribers for Pensions – Regulatory project as per the norms of FSA.
2. Re- engineering of Wealth Management Module and incorporation of Portfolio and Performance Appraisal reports in the existing wealth management platform.
3. EU Gender Directive
HDFC Bank, Business Analyst in the band of Deputy Manager
July 2011 - June 2012, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Domain : Custody, Depository and Wealth Management
• Liaisioning with business, IT as well as external vendors on an on-going basis for requirement gathering for assigned projects and seek timely solutions and to ensure the details of project deliverables are successfully understood and implemented
• Engaging and coordinating Business Analysis sessions for understanding business processes and mapping them to required business standards.
• Suggesting appropriate technology-based solutions for enhancing functional efficiency of the organisation and achieving business excellence.
• Performing feasibility analysis / Cost to Benefit Analysis on the requirement feasibility and constraints of potential alternative solutions.
• Performing detailed gap analysis between current (AS IS) & future state (TO BE) business processes models.
• Analysis and presentation of project objectives and benefits to varied audiences including senior management.
• Created and monitored project plan involving stakeholders from Business, Technology & Product for better transparency, service delivery & highlighting any significant issues.
• Identify changes / enhancements required to existing systems as per user requirements, evaluate impact, prepare change specifications, obtain business user sign-offs, conduct UAT, obtain user sign-offs and implement changes in the live system.
• Creating Business Requirements Specification, Use Cases and detailed process flow.
• Working with operational and product partners to produce accurate and relevant business analysis documentation within agreed timeframes.
• Raising Fund Proposing Note for the cost of developing the project and get it approved from key Stakeholders.
• Ensuring requirements fit with the projects overall objectives and dependencies on other projects, and ensure that Product requirements are understood and captured.
• Completing training documentation and training programmes to be handed over to operations teams and working with Release teams to minimise the impact of project change on operational users, clients and other stakeholders.
• Stakeholder communication & alignment of project status/issues via review meetings and update tracker sheets.
Major Projects Handled
Module on Trading and Settlement of Equities, Fixed Income Securities.
Development of Corporate Action Module.
Module on Collateral Management for major Stock Exchanges in India
Helped in developing Exchange Regulatory Reports
Implemented a new system on Wealth Management
NSDL, Business Analyst in the role of Assistant Manager
June 2009 - July 2011, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Domain : Depository and Pensions – (Capital Market)
Project 1- Depository Participant Module and Government Securities
Project 2- Implementation of New Pension System (NPS/ NPS Lite) in India & Tier 2 Contributory Investment for All Citizens of India
Kotak Mahindra Bank, Deputy Manager
June 2008 - March 2009, Mumbai, India
• Managing the High Net Worth customers of the Bank
• Achieving the Business targets assigned in terms of cross selling, enhancing and upgrading the High Net Worth relationships.
• Profiling Customers and provide financial products to meet customer needs
• Ensuring the highest levels of service to the High Net Worth customers
• Providing Financial planning & Investment Advise
• Sales targets spread across Liabilities, Retail Assets, Business Banking, Forex, Online trading etc.
• One point contact for all requirements of High Net Worth customers in the Branch
• Acquisition & Servicing of High Net Worth customers
• Ensured overall Branch compliance.
• Identified process improvement opportunities and provided suggestions to re-engineer and implement till the completion.
• Worked with the subject matter experts (SMEs) in order to develop business process frameworks & optimize business processes which enabled the yearly target to be achieved.
• Involved in Requirement Gathering, Business Process Design, Business Analysis & Developing Business Plans
• Developed tool to track the Account profitability report (APR) relationship tagging. The tool was developed specifically to track business done for high wallet customers.
• Involved in a complete end to end process of generation of Account profitability reports (APR)/analysis.
• Involvement in automation of Productivity reports / CASA Activation / RM scorecards, Profitability reporting etc
• Developed a full-fledged CRM (sales tracking) tool to track prospecting/sales activity of sales channels engaged in handling high wallet customers of the bank. Objective being to have a record/monitoring of the day to day sales activity done by Relationship Managers as well as have an efficient system based solution for the same.