wibas GmbH Management Consultants, Executive Consultant
January 2011 - Present, Darmstadt, Germany
Caroline Gansser is Executive Consultant at wibas GmbH.
As a Certified ScrumMaster, trainer and coach she supports companies in the successful introduction and implementation of Scrum and other Agile methods. She is valued for her ability to convince both senior management and employees of agile and Scrum techniques and involves them in the implementation. Caroline is particularly appreciated for her commitment and her structured and result-oriented manner.
wibas GmbH - Project "Redesign of Software development process"
Date: 05/2013 - to date
Topic: Implementation of an agile software development organisation.
Role: Executive Consultant, Senior Agile Coach
• Set up of an Agile Coaching Backlog including defined coaching goals
• Coaching of management in Lean Management and Scrum
• Coaching of team members in Agile development
• Impact monitoring of implemented measures
• Progress review regarding coaching goals
• Retrospektive on coaching process
wibas GmbH - Project "Implementation of Agile Software Development"
Date: 06/2013 - to date
Topic: Support of Scrum introduction in a software development project.
Role: Executive Consultant, Scrum Coach and Trainer
• Conception of an "Introduction to Scrum Training"
• Execution of Scrum training
• Facilitation of workshops for initiation of a Scrum Team
• Coaching of the Scrum Master, Product Owner and the Development Team in first sprints
• Facilitation of retrospectives on the project
wibas GmbH - Project "Harmonisiation and professionalisation of IT work processes" in the Government sector
Date: 10/2011 - 04/2013
Topic: Organizational development
Role: Executive Consultant, CMMI and Scrum Coach, Change Management Expert
• Project leader of the change project for sustainable implementation of improvements in the development of ICT solutions
• Execution of CMMI, Scrum and Change workshops with leaders
• Determination of improvement goals and development of improvement steps
• Coaching of leaders and team for incremental implementation of improvement actions
• Teaching of team members for the instruction of processes („Train-the-Trainer“)
• Introduction into agile project management with Scrum
• Establishment of "Scrum Master" Community
• Set up of a process and product quality assurance
• Successful CMMI Level 2 certification with scrum projects
wibas GmbH - Scrum for Services
Date: 01/2011 - to date
Role: Scrum Master and Scrum Team member
• As a Scrum Master: facilitation of scrum meetings, coaching of product owner and team, resolution of impediments, mediation of conflicts
• As a Scrum team member: delivery of services products, estimation of product backlog items, etc.
wibas has been working with Scrum since 2006. We have experienced that Scrum is not only useful in development, but also in services. An efficient and reliable service system is just as complex as development. Therefore service teams experience similar benefits using Scrum as development teams. In several years of use we have established a Scrum for Services framework and deployed in our organization.
As a consultancy firm, we support clients world wide in implementing changes in their processes and structures to successfully achieve their strategic goals. The majority of our staff are consultants. At our head office we also have shared service teams, which provide marketing, administrative and IT infrastructure services as well as developing software solutions for the business and clients.
Caroline is author of severals books and articles about Agile and Scrum:
"Der Ultimative Scrum Guide", http://www.amazon.de/Ultimative-Scrum-Guide-wibas-GmbH/dp/3981583736
"Agiles IT-Management in großen Unternehmen", http://www.symposion.de/ISBN978-3-86329-442-7.html
"Scrum for Services" Published on the ScrumAlliance Resource Page, http://www.scrumalliance.org/resources/2760
IBM Deutschland GmbH, Senior Consultant
October 2006 - December 2010, Stuttgart, Germany
IBM Asia Pacific, Project Manager
October 2005 - September 2006, Shanghai, China
IBM Asia Pacific developed a growth framework which outlined key priorities for 2006/07, among others achieving High Volume Market Leadership in Asia Pacific by the year 2007.
Contribution: Project Manager, coordinating the successful execution of key strategic High Volume initiatives: e.g. the migration of IBM Business Partners from various programs to one single IBM PartnerWorld; the design and implementation of an integrated Business Partner Marketing Communications Strategy and Framework across IBM Brands that significantly improved effectiveness and quality of communications to Business Partners