Chris is a Sr. Product Manager on StubHub’s Social Commerce team where he manages the recommendations platform. He is also an Agile coach for six teams. Previously, he worked for eBay’s Social Innovation’s team where developed and incubated scalable social ventures.
Before eBay, Chris was a Sr. Product Manager at Atomic Online, Product Manager at Oversee.net, and Director of Client Services at Leads360. In 2012, he participated in the Google I/O Extended “Develop for Good” Global Hackathon and his team, Silent Lens, won the Google Ideas challenge. In 2004, Chris designed Cerbumi.org, an open-source network-based approach to real-world problem solving. During college, he volunteered for the USDA Forest Service as a wilderness patrol person and docent of a remote historical cabin. Before attending college, Chris was a project manager and user interface designer at Frontera Corporation, a former Idealab application service provider.
StubHub, Sr. Product Manager
March 2013 - Present, San Francisco, California, United States
• Global product lead for the StubHub Intelligent Recommendations Engine.
• Conduct early-stage consumer research and product development against long-term company objectives.
• Consult and evangelize for Agile development and continuous improvement practices.
eBay Inc, Sr. Product Manager
September 2011 - March 2013, San Jose, CA, United States
• Global product lead for eBay Student Accounts and confidential products in R&D phase.
• Internal product, analytics, and SEO consultant for eBay Sustainable Commerce, eBay Giving Works, and Instant Sale.
• Design, develop, ship, maintain, and sunset high-profile products within a large matrixed organization.
• Define business, product and marketing strategies, write requirements and documentation, and improve development processes.
• Collaborate with nearly two-dozen domestic and foreign cross-functional teams and partners.
Atomic Online, Sr. Product Manager
August 2008 - September 2011, Los Angeles, CA, United States
• Defined the product strategy for four demographic hubs, a product portfolio representing 75% of the company’s annual revenues and 60% of year-over-year growth.
• Managed up to three domestic and foreign cross-functional Agile development teams.
• Defined the company’s mobile strategy, launched its first mobile websites, and defined the mobile version of its largest site.
• Researched, developed, and launched a large editorial destination and social network for moms in less than four months.
• Designed an ad-targeting system now used across the organization, eliminating development required for targeted advertisements entirely and increasing revenue by enabling previously unavailable highly targeted campaigns.