Extensis, Agile Coach/Scrum Trainer
March 2014 - Present, Portland, Oregon, US
I am the Sr. Agile Coach/Scrum Trainer at Extensis.
I am responsible for implementing strategies and leading the the Scrum Adoption throughout the company, in addition to transforming the entire organization from an engineering driven organization to an Agile Product Development Shop. I use scrum to coach, train and to build high performing teams to help the organization become more stable and predictable at delivering complex but quality software.
Nike, Sr. Project Manager/Scrum Coach
January 2013 - January 2014, Portland, Oregon
• Define tools & processes to support overall organizational excellence in Agile program/project management & process definition.
• Vision & Strategy: Develops vision, strategy & deliverables of the large international Program.
• Implement & Lead the daily Scrum of Scrums & Meta Scrums, while Coaching Agile teams to improve the Scrum framework adoption across the organization
• Build & establish High Performing Scrum Teams throughout the Nike+ Digital Sport organization
• Mentor a committee of Scrum Masters to effectively go out & deputize Agile/Scrum principles & rules to their teams to help them reach their maximum potential
• Ensures program is aligned with business strategies & budgets.
• Owns the business case for the Program, establishes & maintains cross functional & regional coordination.
• Organization, Planning & Execution: Maintains ultimate responsibility regarding program objectives operating within financial & resource constraints; Manages project dependencies within the program & builds the program team.
• Project Management Support: Ensures proper Agile Project Management staffing for all projects within the program; helps develop project objectives & project scope.
• Act as an escalation point for project issues that impact projects’ cost, schedule &/or performance. Chairs program steering committee meetings.
• Perform daily Scrum Master duties for cross-discipline Scrum delivery teams--running Scrum meetings, clearing obstacles, optimizing practices & maximizing performance
• Work with Program Managers, Engineering Directors, Product Owners & other technical & business disciplines in a matrixed organization to clear obstacles for Scrum teams
• Manage & augment existing Scrum data collection, modeling & reporting systems, including sprint goals, daily burndown, sprint actuals
• Evangelize Scrum & advance Agile capability within Digital Sport
• Manage expectations & risk by leveraging agile tools including information radiators, short frequent iterations, measuring results & continuous improvement
• Enable delivery of world-class consumer-facing web, mobile, device experiences across development teams, business sponsors, & creative agencies
ESPN, Sr. Project Manager/Scrum Master
October 2012 - January 2013, Bristol, Connecticut, United States
• Coach & Lead multiple Technology Scrum teams using Agile/Scrum Principles
• Manage all aspects of Project & small Programs up to $5M, regardless of type, from Initiation through Closure, requiring little direction
• Plan, coordinate & directs all activities associated with developing project plans, communication plans, project schedules, etc. in accordance with ESPN Project Management & Software Development Life Cycles
• Build a team where all members & points of view are respected and roles are define within scope of Scrum. Evangelize Agile/Scrum/Scrumban/Kanban & Lean methodologies
• Responsible for the overall performance of the team and project deliverables
Sudoxe Enterprises Ghana, Ltd, Agile Project Director/Scrum Coach
January 2010 - August 2012, Accra, Ghana
• Oversee development of Mobile Purchasing Platforms and E-Commerce Website to sell & distribute food products throughout West African Countries – “30 month Project Assignment”
Gorilla Nation Media, Project Manager/Scrum Master
November 2007 - November 2008, Los Angeles, California, United States
• Build & Lead a diverse cross-functional scrum team of technology developers & designers using Ruby, Flash, Java, J2ME, Action Script to deliver Web apps,
• Lead & organize project planning, daily stand-up meetings, retrospectives, sprint & release planning, demos & other Scrum-related meetings
• Lead & direct the work of internet marketing team including cross-functional IT collaboration