Sr. Project Mgr./Scrum Coach at Nike+ Digital Sport Present
· Define tools & processes to support overall organizational excellence in program/project management & process definition.
· Vision & Strategy: Develops vision, strategy & deliverables of the large international Program.
· Implement & Lead the daily Scrum of Scrums & Meta Scrums, while Coaching Agile teams to improve the Scrum framework adoption across the organization
· Build & establish High Performing Scrum Teams throughout the Nike+ Digital Sport organization
· Mentor a committee of Scrum Masters to effectively go out & deputize Agile/Scrum principles & rules to their teams to help them reach their maximum potential
· Ensures program is aligned with business strategies & budgets.
· Owns the business case for the Program, establishes & maintains cross functional & regional coordination.
· Organization, Planning & Execution: Maintains ultimate responsibility regarding program objectives operating within financial & resource constraints; Manages project dependencies within the program & builds the program team.
· Project Management Support: Ensures proper Agile Project Management staffing for all projects within the program; helps develop project objectives & project scope.
· Act as an escalation point for project issues that impact projects’ cost, schedule &/or performance. Chairs program steering committee meetings.
· Perform daily Scrum Master duties for cross-discipline Scrum delivery teams--running Scrum meetings, clearing obstacles, optimizing practices & maximizing performance
· Work with Program Managers, Engineering Directors, Product Owners & other technical & business disciplines in a matrixed organization to clear obstacles for Scrum teams
· Manage & augment existing Scrum data collection, modeling & reporting systems, including sprint goals, daily burndown, sprint actuals
· Evangelize Scrum & advance Agile capability within Digital Sport
· Manage expectations & risk by leveraging agile tools including information radiators, short frequent iterations, measuring results & continuous improvement
· Enable delivery of world-class consumer-facing web, mobile, device experiences across development teams, business sponsors, & creative agencies
· Oversee 15 competitive iOS, Android, .NET, WEB, Social & API high-performing Scrum Teams
Sr. Project Mgr./Scrum Master at ESPN October 2012 – January
· Coach & Lead multiple Technology Scrum teams using Agile/Scrum Principles
· Manage all aspects of Project & small Programs up to $5M, regardless of type, from Initiation through Closure, requiring little direction
· Plan, coordinate & directs all activities associated with developing project plans, communication plans, project schedules, etc. in accordance with ESPN Project Management & Software Development Life Cycles
· Evangelize Agile & Scrum methodologies to lead project teams as both a scrum master & Sr. Project manager for the Business Intelligence & Digital Technology Teams
· Build a team where all members & points of view are respected and roles are define within scope of Scrum. Evangelize Agile/Scrum/Scrumban/Kanban & Lean methodologies
· Responsible for the overall performance of the team and project deliverables
Project Director/Scrum Coach at Sudoxe Ghana Ltd January 2010 – August 2012
· Oversee development of Mobile Purchasing Platforms and E-Commerce Website to sell & distribute food products throughout West African Countries – “30 month Project Assignment”
· Act as the Agile Coach & Scrum Master, Manage budgets & oversee work of 30 different teams of managers, developers & designers in a high tech environment
· Implement the Agile Methodology & Coach department on the Scrum/Kanban Process
· Manage complex IT software development, database & other SOA projects
· Provide process & technical direction to technical teams using Android, iOS, .NET, HTML5
Agile Coach/Scrum Master at Cali Green, LLC November 2008 – January 2010
· Lead & Develop a digital retail company that built Mobile Purchasing platform & mobile phone apps to market & engage customers on various social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Flickr
· Introduce & Implement the Agile Scrum Process by running a Pilot Project for developers using Android, iOS & various programming languages to deliver on-time projects
· Coached team to on how to write User Stories & how to plan their projects & how to be more organized using the Scrum Framework to perform at their highest level
· Oversee budget, team planning, Track & provide data analysis, remove workflow bottlenecks
· Coordinate with Product Owner to effectively manage product request & backlogs
Internet Project Mgr./Scrum Master at Gorilla Nation Media November 2007 – November 2008
· Build & Lead a diverse cross-functional scrum team of technology developers & designers using Ruby, Flash, Java, J2ME, Action Script to deliver Web apps,
· Serve as the Scrum Master & Implement the Agile methodology
· Oversee Project documentation (in Rally) & Manage process flows & burn down charts
· Lead & organize project planning, daily stand-up meetings, retrospectives, sprint & release planning, demos & other Scrum-related meetings
· Lead & direct the work of internet marketing team including cross-functional IT collaboration
Digital Scrum Master at The Industry, LLC February 2003 – October 2007
· Organize & Oversee the development process for Scrum Teams as they effectively build & deliver digital music widgets & advertising overlays
· Formulate & execute strategic plans for cost & profit control for business unit
· Develop & Oversee project managers by introducing & implementing the Agile methodology to maximize efficiency while products move to completion
· Evaluate & design new products to increase long-term company value with customers