Nike, Sr. Project Manager/Scrum Master
January 2013 - January 2014, Portland, Oregon, United States
• Define tools & processes to support overall organizational excellence in Agile program/project management & process definition.
• Vision & Strategy: Develops vision, strategy & deliverables of the large international Program.
• Implement & Lead the daily Scrum of Scrums & Meta Scrums, while Coaching Agile teams to improve the Scrum framework adoption across the organization
• Build & establish High Performing Scrum Teams throughout the Nike+ Digital Sport organization
• Mentor a committee of Scrum Masters to effectively go out & deputize Agile/Scrum principles & rules to their teams to help them reach their maximum potential
• Ensures program is aligned with business strategies & budgets.
• Owns the business case for the Program, establishes & maintains cross functional & regional coordination.
• Organization, Planning & Execution: Maintains ultimate responsibility regarding program objectives operating within financial & resource constraints; Manages project dependencies within the program & builds the program team.
• Project Management Support: Ensures proper Agile Project Management staffing for all projects within the program; helps develop project objectives & project scope.
• Act as an escalation point for project issues that impact projects’ cost, schedule &/or performance. Chairs program steering committee meetings.
• Perform daily Scrum Master duties for cross-discipline Scrum delivery teams--running Scrum meetings, clearing obstacles, optimizing practices & maximizing performance
• Work with Program Managers, Engineering Directors, Product Owners & other technical & business disciplines in a matrixed organization to clear obstacles for Scrum teams
• Manage & augment existing Scrum data collection, modeling & reporting systems, including sprint goals, daily burndown, sprint actuals
• Evangelize Scrum & advance Agile capability within Digital Sport
• Manage expectations & risk by leveraging agile tools including information radiators, short frequent iterations, measuring results & continuous improvement
• Enable delivery of world-class consumer-facing web, mobile, device experiences across development teams, business sponsors, & creative agencies
ESPN, Sr. Project Manager/Scrum Master
October 2012 - January 2013, Bristol, Connecticut, United States
• Coach & Lead multiple Technology Scrum teams using Agile/Scrum Principles
• Manage all aspects of Project & small Programs up to $5M, regardless of type, from Initiation through Closure, requiring little direction
• Plan, coordinate & directs all activities associated with developing project plans, communication plans, project schedules, etc. in accordance with ESPN Project Management & Software Development Life Cycles
• Build a team where all members & points of view are respected and roles are define within scope of Scrum. Evangelize Agile/Scrum/Scrumban/Kanban & Lean methodologies
• Responsible for the overall performance of the team and project deliverables
Sudoxe Enterprises Ghana, Ltd, Scrum Coach
January 2010 - August 2012, Accra, Ghana, Ghana
• Oversee development of Mobile Purchasing Platforms and E-Commerce Website to sell & distribute food products throughout West African Countries – “30 month Project Assignment”
Gorilla Nation Media, Project Manager/Scrum Master
November 2007 - November 2008, Los Angeles, California, United States
• Build & Lead a diverse cross-functional scrum team of technology developers & designers using Ruby, Flash, Java, J2ME, Action Script to deliver Web apps,
• Lead & organize project planning, daily stand-up meetings, retrospectives, sprint & release planning, demos & other Scrum-related meetings
• Lead & direct the work of internet marketing team including cross-functional IT collaboration