I am currently an Project Manager with a High Tech startup. I hold an MBA in Marketing with more than 8 years of experience in Information Technology. I have managed teams with 5-50 members on it while executing projects ranging from $10k-$1M. My primary speciality lies in changing the project status from red to greeen and have done that in 5 of 8 projects in the past as a Project Manager.
With the experience of being a Quality Coordinator, I obtained a Six Sigma Green Belt from Benchmark in Australia.
As a certified scrum master, my job is to bring the best agile practices into my team so that their performance is optimized.
Expertise: Management of various CMS : WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, SharePoint; Six Sigma, Agile, Scrum, TDD.
A future goal is to introduce a new concept to Management which relates both Physics and Management called Quantum Management.
Specialties: Scrum, Project Management, Requirement Gathering, Business Analytics, How To Documentation, Marketing, Retail Management, Strategy, Sales, Competitor Analysis, Management Consulting, Negotiations, Six Sigma Green Belt, Drupal, WordPress, SharePoint, SEO, SOW Creation
ExtensionEngine LLC, Scrum Master
December 2013 - Present, Boston, MA, United States
I am currently an Project Manager with a High Tech startup.
Photon Inc, Scrum Master
February 2011 - November 2013, Newark, NJ, United States
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Owner and the team to create backlog; prioritize and assign complexity points to the user stories based on its business value and ROI.
- Monitor the progress of release and its deliverables and work with Software Engineering (SWE) and stakeholders to gain approval for s/w releases.
- Keep leadership apprised of Sprint and Release progress, and identify risks and issues.
- Oversee the software development in Sprints (of Scrum of Scrums) by attending daily stand-ups and removing impediments/noise.
- Report team progress by burn-up, burn-down charts, dashboards, velocity reporting and sprint and release progress using Rally.
- Organize, facilitate & lead showcase, retrospective, sprint and release planning sessions.
- Coaching and mentoring teams in effective adoption and use of agile principles and practices.
- Professing TDD approach.
- Ensuring cross-team coordination.
- Recruiting Project Managers into the organization.
- Creating Agile SoW.
Hexaware Technologies, Software Engineer
July 2006 - April 2009, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Roles and Responsibilities
- Creating Resource Allocation plan using Gantt Charts.
- Attending review meetings and walk-through to understand the requirement documents and the application.
- Assigning the various scenarios to various team-members for execution.
- Identified & analyzed questionable functions, errors and inconsistencies in the Functionality/UI/Data in the application and documented defects.
- Identification of Risk and proposing contingency plans.
eStreet Inc, Mortgage Assistant
August 2004 - June 2006, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Role and Responsibilities
· Follow up on incoming leads
· Cold Calling
· Generate prospects over the phone
· Send mailers, maintain complete database & reports
· Fix appointments with the prospects
· Close leads