Betty Schaar, CSQA, CSM
- 25 years of software quality assurance and testing experience
- Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA) – Quality Assurance Institute
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) – Scrum Alliance
- Established and evaluated software testing processes
- Effectively managed the testing effort for many large projects
- Developed test plans and reusable test cases for many types of software applications and products
- Have tested business applications, commercial products, regulated products, data centric projects
- Experienced with manual testing and automated testing using WinRunner, TestComplete
- Performed risk-based testing for several large projects
- Advocate of continuous process improvement
- Led and participated in test tool selections
- Highly respected work group leader and mentor
- Experienced presenter and trainer
I enjoy the challenges that the software testing profession provides. I’m not sure that I would declare myself a ‘Master’ of software testing because with the ever-changing technology landscape, there’s always something new to learn and adapt to for testing. Areas that I continue to learn and grow in are Agile, Lean, social media, mobile testing, and web testing.
I feel confident enough in what I know to help others expand their knowledge and skills. I’ve created and delivered numerous presentations and continue to grow courseware in the software quality assurance and testing realms for BenchmarkQA. I also enjoy consulting work and find that the real world experience helps to ‘keep it real’ in the classroom.