Indian Health Service, Senior Consultant
May 2014 - Present, Henrico, VA, US
Project/program initiatives for HIE and EHR, as well as consultative PMO engagement.
Driscoll's, Sr. IT Project Manager
December 2012 - April 2014, Watsonville, CA, US
Sr. IT project Manager in charge of global ERP implementation and assisting PMO Director in deepening PMO maturity.
Indian Health Service (CAS Severn), Deputy Program & Project Manager
January 2012 - December 2012, Albuquerque, NM, United States
Deputy Program & Program-Level Project Manager for the Practice Management Contract of the Indian Health Service.
Indian Health Service (CAS Severn), Project Manager
January 2011 - December 2012, Albuquerque, NM, United States
• Project management of all software development and O&M projects under the Practice Management Contract.
• Senior research analyst for special projects of the Office of Information Technology (IHS/OIT).
Program management support; project management; earned value management and reporting; business needs analysis; functional and technical requirements analysis and documentation; progress and status reporting; WBS maintenance; resource coordination; and research and analysis for special projects under the IHS Office of Information Technology (OIT).
Indian Health Service (CAS Severn), Senior Functional & Research Analyst
September 2010 - December 2010, Albuquerque, NM, United States
• Special projects for Office of Information Technology (IHS / OIT).
• Senior functional analyst for the outpatient pharmacy revenue cycle management application: Pharmacy Point of Sale.
Program management support, business needs analysis, functional and technical requirements analysis and documentation; progress and status reporting; sprint/scrum meetings facilitation) and earned-value tracking and management.
Indian Health Service (Serco-NA), Project Manager & Lead BSA for Revenue Cycle Management Applications
December 2009 - September 2010, Albuquerque, NM, United States
• Project management of the three key revenue cycle management applications of the RPMS suite: Third Party Billing, Accounts Receivable and Pharmacy Point of Sale.
Business needs analysis, functional and technical requirements analysis and documentation, project management (WBS development and maintenance; resource coordination; progress and status reporting; sprint/scrum meetings facilitation) and earned-value tracking and management.
ABC Coding Solutions, CIO/Senior IT Project Manager
July 2006 - October 2009, Albuquerque, NM, United States
Oversaw, coordinated and managed all IT and software development projects; healthcare industry IT standards liaison; software testing and quality assurance; internal and external client requirement assessment, analysis and documentation; shared operations management responsibilities with CEO and CFO; synchronized IT projects and product development schedule with overall corporate strategic objectives; benchmarked against industry standards and competitors; oversaw IT standard operating procedure development and quality systems documentation; full IT personnel authority.
▪ Managed $400K project team of 5 over 15 months from design to launch of a next-generation ASP electronic healthcare claim filing application; planned for ANSI X12N upgrade to 5010.
▪ Developed blueprint for automation of labor-intensive manual legislative research and update processes.
▪ Managed client implementation projects for licensing the company’s proprietary rules engine and customized ASP implementations.
ABC Coding Solutions, COO/Senior Project Manager
April 2002 - July 2006, Albuquerque, NM, United States
Managed, coordinated and oversaw day-to-day operations, including IT and Research & Development; managed and maintained intellectual property, including copyrights and patents; managed, laid-out and edited print and electronic publications; oversaw and managed web sites and ecommerce portals in coordination with updated marketing collateral; assisted in vendor and independent contractor selection; participated in hiring and interviewing duties, as well as terminations; managed Department of Energy and U.S. Navy Chaplaincy project; supported executive and strategic decision-making; reviewed and managed contracts; oversaw operations standard operating procedure development and quality systems documentation; full operations personnel authority.
▪ Supervised annual operating budgets in excess of $2M dollars with teams of 14 permanent members and more than 20 consultants and SMEs.
▪ Managed $1.7M Department of Energy project team of 15 over almost 2 years.
▪ Oversaw and coordinated a 60-day nationwide registration event for a Department of Health and Human Services authorized pilot project to enroll over 12,000 healthcare entities nationwide.
▪ Managed a terminology harmonization project team of 5 to standardize and validate over 4,000 concepts and modalities of care.
▪ Edited, managed and published 1 national and over 600 state-by-state print publications.