Pearson Education, Platform Manager
November 2012 - Present, Oxford, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Working within the Technology and Platforms team to lead and manage platform development for customer facing educational online services.
Involving managing the lifecycle of multi-million pound projects from concept through specification, working with third party suppliers and on-shore/off-shore development teams on implementation and delivery.
Full agile project management as both Product Owner and Scrum Master on multiple workstreams using TFS 2012, Rally, Jira, SSRS, Trello, SP 2010 etc.
Running multiple daily stand-ups, retrospectives, sprint planning, refinement sessions on a weekly basis along with distilling the business requirements into MRFs and user stories. Using continuous integration servers and selenium automated testing, to rapidly develop user facing functionality, test and release this to our customers.
Herefordshire Council and NHS Herefordshire, Digital Channels Programme Manager
June 2011 - November 2012, Hereford, Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Working across Herefordshire Council, NHS Herefordshire, Wye Valley NHS Trust and Hoople Ltd. The role involved both Agile/Scrum and PRINCE II project management techniques for a number of interwoven transformation projects including;
• development of a full self-service web 2.0 public service portal in Umbraco. Utilising amongst others, Razor, MVC3, HTML5, CSS3 with full integration to Microsoft Dynamics 2011 CRM, Wisdom EDRMS and SharePoint 2010. Full Agile project, the first of it's scale within the authority with a budget well into the six figures. Acting as Product Owner for this project.
• the scoping, development, delivery and post-implementation of a cross-organisational SharePoint 2010 / InfoPath 2010 intranet. This project involved working fully Agile with an external development agency burning through the backlog of stories, but also waterfall development in-house - both simultaneously. Acting as a joint scrum masterm, with a counterpart scrum master in the third party organisation
• developing an Umbraco-fronted generic organisational and service directory. This project was built Agile due to the lack of business understanding and clear requirements. A proof of concept was quickly established, refined and tested, then clearer requirements defined and the project ran using fortnightly sprints and regular manual releases. Acting as Scrum Master to facilitate the various development teams
Herefordshire Council, Web and Usability Manager
April 2009 - November 2012, hereford, herefordshire, United Kingdom
Operational responsibility for the Web and Usability Team, focussing on the provision of health and public services across the county.
I was responsible for all aspects of 20+ websites with a mixture of fully transactional, static content and search driven sites along with four intranets.
I introduced Agile Scrum development techniques to the organisation, acting as Product Manager and also Product Owner (not ideal !), to develop and release websites according to the business specifications, which were sometimes less than complete. Using continuous iterations, standups, kanban boards and continual refinement of stories, and with diverse and dispersed development teams.
- Achieved 4* rating in the Socitm 2012 Better Connected website review and was recommended as a site of good practice.
- Achieved the first ever 10/10 in the monthly Sitemorse rankings for local government websites