Summary of Qualifications
· Master of Journalism and Communication, Bachelor of Law and Bachelor of Physics.
· Eight years professional experience as technical writer in the field of Information Technology for Telecommunication, Financial, Microfilm Scanner and Industrial automation software.
· Creates technical documentation for Nokia Siemens Networks. Created users manuals and online helps for GSM based equipments for Motorola. Created users manual for financial application secure terminal for co-operation Bank, for Microfilm scanners software applications for Sunrise Imaging Inc. of Canada, and other documents for Industrial automation equipments for ABB.
· Documented the server monitoring and control tool software processes for Reify, interviewed and reported stories of important personalities in biotechnology industry for Biospectrum, a biotechnology magazine.
· Experience employing different authoring, software engineering, and delivery tools like Frame Maker (structured and unstructured), Webworms publisher Pro, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, Java, Eclipse, Subversion and Visual Source Safe.
· Uses Webworks publisher Pro, Rob Help and HTML help workshop for creation of online help. Good knowledge on Adobe structured and unstructured Frame Maker and Adobe Technical Communication Suite 9.
· Develops system documentations for applications in various IT platforms: Element Management system software supporting development with software development kit.
· Uses Adobe Technical Communication Suite (Frame Maker 8, Captivate 4, and Adobe Acrobat Professional 9) for creation of online help and printed user guides.
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), MS Outlook, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe PageMaker, Quark Express and TRADOS.
· Knowledge in DITA concepts and proficient in using graphics editing tools like Corel Designer Technical Suite and Designer 12.
· Knowledgeable in Agile Development Methodology (Agile), Document Development Life Cycle (DDLC), and attended Certified Scrum Masters (CSM) training.
· Knowledgeable in the fundamentals of Programming and Notes Application Development, C, C++, Java.
· June 2008 – Present, Nokia Siemens Networks Pvt. Ltd.
· January 2006 – June 2008, Integra Micro Software Services.
· November 2002 – August 2006, Cyber Media India Pvt. Ltd.
· August 2000 – December 2002, Kerala Kaumudi Publications India Pvt. Ltd.
· September 1999 – July 2000, Electronics Research and Development Centre of India
· August 1998 – September 1999, Deshabhimani Daily.
Relevant Work Experience
Nokia Siemens Networks Pvt. Ltd.
Technical Writer content development co-coordinator – R& D Engineer
June 10, 2008 – December 2009 – Present
Technical Writer in the Customer Documentation department. Responsible for performing the following duties:
· Creates and edit User manual, javahelps and HTML helps for Network Management software applications for Nokia Siemens Networks. The software application is developed using software development kit with Eclipse environment. The installation and administration of software has been handled and played around and documented by seeing and experiencing the tool.
· Coordinates teleconferences between the team in Finland and Germany for different areas of development for coordinating the documentation task. Attending halo sessions for maintenance deliveries and related documentation activities. Traveling to Europe for getting competence transfer and sharing the knowledge from the development team and documenting the developing software area.
· Produces complete and organized documentation of software applications (both development and maintenance types). Responsible for all the maintenance documentation delivery packages.
· Creates javahelps, online help and pdfs for software documentation using Epic Editor, XDOC and structured Frame Maker.
· Edits existing software documents like Interface description documents, java documents, and Technical Descriptions. This also includes maintenance package documents such as Installation Instructions and Change Note. Writing HTML helps for graphical user interface based applications and javahelp for java based GUIs. Writing and updating Installation Guide, Developer’s Guide, Overview Documents, Troubleshooting Guide and other documentations involved in the Software Development Life Cycle.
· Playing the role for key user for graphics issues for the team. Proficient in SVG formats, using graphic editor tools like Corel Designer Technical Suite, Designer 7.1, and Adobe Photoshop.
· Maintained and managed the versions using Sub Version management tool.
Integra Micro Software Services Pvt. Ltd
Senior Technical Writer
January 25, 2006 – June 10, 2008
Technical Writer Consultant, deployed at the Motorola India.
· Documented the user manuals on global system of mobile technology procedures.
· Produced project templates like for documents.
· Created business requirement documents and use cases.
· Interviewed and coordinated with subject matter experts in the telecommunication industry.
· Ensured that all project documents are properly versioned, and retrievable when required.
· Interviewed both product side and client side technical team for project documents.
· Created training material and wrote articles after interviewing the corporate heads and developed reports for producing the corporate newsletters for the company.
Technical Writer Consultant, deployed at Sunrise Imaging Inc.
· Produced user manual and online help for the scanner software.
· Tested scanner software and writing the user manual and online help
· Ensured that all project documents are properly versioned, kept, and retrievable.
· Interviewed both users and technical team for project documents.
· Created graphics and edited the screen shots for manuals
Technical Writer Consultant, deployed at ABB.
· Localization of resource files, user manuals and compiled help systems for industrial automation software. The software documentation needed to be localized into European, East Asian and Cyrillic languages.
· coordinated and negotiated with the translators for Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian and French.
· Lead teams for documentation and localization projects and used Microsoft Visual source safe, Beyond Compare, Text Pad, HTML Help Workshop, and TRADOS 6.5 for processing the strings in different languages.
· Estimated the effort and schedule for projects. Acted as an interface between the customer and vendors.
· Reviewed, proofread and updated the translated contents.
· The tasks include interacting with translators from geographically and culturally different people.
· Pasted the translated contents into the source files. Testing the source file after translation with the original file. Checking for consistency.
· Ensured that all project documents are properly versioned, kept, and retrievable using Visual Source Safe versioning system.
Technical Writer Consultant, deployed at Reify.
· Defined the structure of the help system for software which enabled the scheduling and synchronized deployment of software application in real time on geographically distributed servers.
· Created style sheet for online help and reviewed the content developed by the team.
· Used Microsoft HTML Help workshop, Front Page and NVU Editor.
Technical Writer Consultant, deployed at Co-operative Bank, India.
· Developed user manuals for mobile financial application secure terminal.
· Produced project templates and developed user manual using Microsoft word.
· Reviewing the content developed by team members and