cPrime, Scrum Coach
January 2014 - Present, Foster City, CA, US
• Facilitated Agile adoption in large organizations working at team and program levels by providing Agile assessments, defining and implementing transition back logs, work with the Executive Teams to define a transformation strategy
• Deliver classroom format training for teams of up to 100 people on Agile principals, Scrum and Kanban frameworks
• Help teams become in achieving a high performance by leading by example and demonstrating techniques to technical team members, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, functional manager and their executives.
• Enhanced inter-personal work relations and collaboration skills while focusing on Agile methodologies and strong technical skills
• Worked with individuals ranging from executives to individual contributors in their Agile adoption journey
• Reviewed cPrime learning materials and provided recommendation for the further improvements
SunLink, Sr. Director Software Development
June 2011 - June 2013, San Rafael, CA, US
SunLink is an industry leader in designing highly customizable solar racking systems for roof top and ground installations. Each project requires substantial amount of engineering efforts that could not be possible without high level of automation.
When I joined SunLink in June 2011 there was no software department within the organization; there was a single developer working on an internal engineering program. Within a few month I was able to build a professional software organization that utilizes Agile Scrum along with other best Software Development practices (code reviews, submission notes, source control, automated builds, automated testing etc.) and convert existing program into an engineering application built to the industry standards and used not only internally, but outside SunLink. This application helped decreasing a roof top solar installation design cycle from 15 to 3-5 days.
Currently my team is working on a new engineering application for ground mounting systems. It is going to be developed in parallel with ongoing improvements to the existing application.
SunPower, Director, Design Software
April 2007 - January 2011, Richmond, CA, United States
Started a software department from scratch. Recruited and coached young talents.
Won government grant for the business idea under American Solar Initiative
Converted a business idea in a suite of 4 Web and Client Server applications, a bunch of Web Services using .NET technology
Filed 5 US patents
Pioneered Agile Scrum within software organization, run mega scrum within geographically distributed team
Autodesk, Team Lead/System Architect
April 2004 - April 2007, San Rafael, CA, United States
Lead, mentored, motivated Software Engineers of multiple feature teams, assigned tasks and maintained schedules, directly involved in performance reviews. Architected key features in Autodesk MAP releases 2005-2007.
• Managed a team of 10+ software engineers to deliver quality software on time.
• Provided code reviews and mentoring for junior engineers helping them in their professional development
• Architected multiple features related to different aspects of spatial data representation in Autodesk MAP. Those features made the product compliant with the GIS industry standards and helped growing business from $65M to over $100M in a few years.
• Participated hands on in implementation, testing and troubleshooting the key product functionality.
• Involved with FDO open source community making architectural reviews and code changes
• Lead team efforts in establishing nightly builds that substantially decreased probability of lemon submissions
Autodesk, Senior Software Engineer
July 1998 - April 2004, San Rafael, Select a State, United States
Participated in implementation, testing and troubleshooting the key AutoCAD and Autodesk MAP functionality.
• Participated in design and implementation of several large research projects related to different aspects of spatial data representation and collaboration in AutoCAD pioneering use of .NET and DBMS technology within Autodesk. One of these projects became a foundation for the FDO technology in the future
• Re-designed and rewrote a key AutoCAD component to expose its functionality through the API
• Mentored junior developers in designing medium and large software systems using Object Oriented Architecture, design patterns and UML
Autodesk Russia, Software Developer
May 1990 - July 1998, Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation
Participated in design, implementation, testing and troubleshooting built-in AutoCAD applications for accessing RDBMS data and associating it with graphical objects within AutoCAD drawings
• Designed, implemented and troubleshoot key components of the application that made project scalable and easy to maintain.
• Pioneered use of Object ARX API within Autodesk. Taking advantage of 11 hours time difference between Saint Petersburg and California helped Autodesk architecture team in establishing around the clock development cycle that expedited delivery of the Object ARX API and improved its quality greatly