Angel is a very energetic Agile coach that truly enjoy challenges. His specialty and passion is putting in place Lean and Agile concepts and practices in very complex environments. As a matter of fact, he successfully led one of the biggest Agile transformations in europe, including IT and business departments of a 1000+ employees bank, from the trenches starting from scratch. In his 15+ years of experience in IT he has worked in various roles: Agile Coach, R&D manager, software developer, software architect, scrum master and trainer. He is also a frequent speaker in international Agile events such as ALE, LESS, CAS, IAD and Agile Coach camps.
ING Direct Spain, Head Agile Coach
April 2011 - January 2014, Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Leader, mentor, trainer and head coach in the transformation to Agile methods.
Chairman of the international Agile Experts Group at ING RBI.
I've successfully led a deep agile transformation, including IT and business departments, of this 1000+ employees bank from the trenches starting from scratch.
This transformation includes going from:
- silos to multidisciplinary teams.
- comprehensive requirements & UML diagrams to Agile inceptions & User Stories
- no portfolio management to kanban portfolio management
- reactive improvement initiatives to continuous improvement and regular retrospectives.
- 29 steps SDLC to 5 Steps SDLC
- no Agile knowledge to full training and implementation of Agile, Scrum and kanban.
- remarkable growth of business and IT employees satisfaction
- drastic improvement of Business - IT communication and collaboration
- remarkable reduction of technical and functional debt
- remarkable reduction of waste & process complexity in product development
Add Value, Scrum Master
August 2008 - March 2011, Verone, Verone, Italy
Scrum Master, JEE developer and consultant. IT Continuous improvement process design and implementation.
Research and development on JEE technologies and software engineering practices.