The Spitfire Group, Practice Director
July 2005 - Present, Firestone, CO, United States
Engaged in all aspects of client delivery, including:
- Managing custom software development projects using Scrum and Kanban
- Consulting with clients on technology strategy engagements
- Setting solution delivery standards
Specific engagements were as follows:
- 2010-11 ScrumMaster on a custom software development engagement which integrated both a mobile and web-based front end, Google geo-location and maps APIs, and custom reporting. This project was managed using Scrum during development and then Kanban to manage the post production maintenance and enhancements.
- 2009-10 Lead consultant in transitioning a 100+ person IT organization from their waterfall-based project framework to Scrum. This included organizational design, team mentoring, training, and Scrum Master coaching.
- 2009 Technical lead on a project to fix a MOSS implementation installed by another consulting company. Fixed branding, navigation, and mySites issues, and gave ongoing advice on how to structure sites and web parts.
- 2008-09 Project manager and analyst on a project to build a customer interface to an existing property management work order management system. The system utilized Java and Ruby on Rails for an easy-to-use interface for realtors to order lawn care, repair work, inspections and other property maintenance services, and to track the orders once placed, including reporting, status, and the ability to view before and after photos uploaded by the service companies completing the work.
- 2008 Project manager, analyst and implementer on a document management system using Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) 3.0 and Microsoft Search Server 2008 Express. System used custom search scopes, custom workflows, custom content types, and custom views to create an easy-to-use document management system which meets regulatory requirements for versioning, approval and archiving, and provides a central document repository to help hospital nurses quickly locate the correct version of critical documents.
- 2007 Project manager, analyst and implementer for a Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 implementation. During this engagement, which utilized Scrum to manage the work, we used custom content types, workflow and business data connectors to implement a help desk site, an IT operations management site, a product development management site, and other collaborative sites, with the intent to replace disparate systems and provide one tool for managing documents and key business process.
- 2007 Project manager and analyst for a complex business application based on the MOSS 2007 platform, using custom .Net forms and workflow to automate a strategic management methodology. The purpose of this system was to provide a tool to help keep C-Level executives focused on the activities that support corporate strategies and objectives.
- Project manager for an effort to automate nightly processing for a major financial services company using a tool called DollarUniverse, developed by ORSYP. Responsibilities included managing a mixed team of consultants and customer employees using SCRUM to deliver over 150 automated processes.
- Project manager for an effort to improve operations robustness for a major financial services company. Responsibilities included managing a mixed team of consultants and customer employees using SCRUM to fix failure-prone processes in a 6-week, focused, intensive effort to improve system availability and reduce process failures. This included database archive logging improvements, connection changes to utilize clustered databases, and initial work to upgrade from Oracle Portal 9 to 10g.
- Project manager for a SharePoint SPS 2003 and WSS 2.0 implementation for major financial services organization. Responsibilities included managing a mixed team of consultants and customer employees using SCRUM to create a centralized, organized and dynamic information repository to support internal processes for client services, human resources, accounting, IT operations and IT development. Managed all aspects of implementation, including requirements analysis, information taxonomy development, custom web part development, information management best practices development, workflow development, training, high availability and disaster recovery planning, and reporting.