Adnan is a leader, coach, developer and idea farmer. 12+ years experience of commercial product development with a close focus on Agile product development.
Currently he is coaching teams in General Motors OnStar in Detroit Michigan.
Previously Adnan worked with MYOB to develop their next generation cloud accounting service that gives consumers the choice of how to do the accounts: on desktop, in the cloud or both. Before that Adnan coached teams to develop online consumer behaviour measurement products where he led software engineering, iterative product development, personal development and Agile portfolio management activities. Besides this he is involved in initiatives, runs agile blog and hosts/presents at Agile events.
- Large-scale Agile and lean software development (Scrum, Lean)
- Leading, growing and developing high-performing teams
- Open, flexible and adaptable to changes in work demands, people and situations
- Strong technical background and developer relations experience
- Attention to detail – Analytical and Quality focused
Software Development Manager at Experian Malaysia 09/2010 – Present
Leader Developer at Experian Australia 01/2008 – 09/2010
Senior Programmer at Experian Australia 06/2006 – 12/2007
Programmer at Experian Australia 10/2004 – 06/2006
Programmer at Network Overdrive 07/2001 – 09/2004
Skills and Industry Contributions
SolutionsIQ, Agile Coach, Scrum Master
July 2013 - Present, Redmond, WA, US
- SIQ consultant responsible for Enterprise Agile Transformation contract at OnStar
MYOB, Iteration Manager
November 2012 - June 2013, Glen Waverley, Victoria, AU
- Leadership; Provided leadership and clear direction to cross functional teams in Australia and Malaysia
- Coaching; Coached development and testing teams for MYOB AccountRight Live cloud accounting platform
- Software Development; Introduced and achieved continues delivery state for thick client application
- Agile; Lead initiatives to increase delivery quality and small feedback batch size
- Talent Development; mentor and manage team members to improve their technical and analytical skills for their own professional development
Experian, Software Development Manager
October 2004 - October 2012, Melbourne, Victoria, AU
- Agile Coaching; daily working with scrum masters to understand their impediments regarding team collaboration, removing roadblocks, stakeholder communication and challenges in delivering high value products.
- Developer Relations; writes Agile blog on www.agilehash.com, hosts lighting talks and presents at Agile/Public events.
- Scrum Master; and impediment remover for Agile teams. Facilitating prioritization discussions and helping teams remove technical roadblocks. Helped to create self-organisation culture and facilitating regular stakeholder communications.
- Scrum Developer; Drove integration of Agile, Scrum and TDD practices for iterative product development providing major advantages over legacy Waterfall methods.