25 years experience within Investment Banking and Hedge Funds delivering software solutions. The past 5 years have been spent in agile environments using predominantly Scrum. Prior to that I have extensive experiences of traditional waterfall approaches, but I am truly coverted to agile methods and would avoid returning to waterfall if possible.
Barclays Investment Bank, Scrum Master
July 2012 - Present, London, United Kingdom
Responsible for transformation of Cash Settlements and Payments Technology (OTC Derivatives) from waterfall development method to Scrum
Scrum Master on multiple concurrent projects - Equity Derivatives, Business Activity Monitor, Summit De-commissioning, Credit Derivatives upgrade
Agile coaching of business and IT staff new to Scrum
Company wide presentations as pary of the Agile community of practice
Man Investments, Srum Master / Business Analyst
August 2010 - April 2012, London, United Kingdom
• Responsible for identifying product operations’ requirements and developing in house solutions for the 3 main fund groups: AHL (Systematic), Multi Manager (Fund of Hedge Funds) and GLG (predominantly trend).
• Championed scrum agile development cycles on projects, meeting with users to ascertain their iterative requirements and skilfully setting up and coordinating in house scrum teams, agile unit testing and user acceptance testing with software delivery from third party vendors who used the waterfall approach to development.
• Skilfully managed multiple vendors and stakeholders, building enduring and highly effective working relationships and influencing decisions to ensure the smooth execution of tasks and maximise value delivery.
• Transformed the struggling Cash Management (CMAP) application project, expertly taking ownership of the requirements from initial analysis through the full development cycle. Drove the project forward with the implementation of daily scrum calls with the users, developers and product managers to determine and prioritise tasks and issues and map progress.
• Successfully performed and delivered multiple tasks on the Fund of Hedge Funds portfolio rebalancing tool, including providing portfolio managers with AHL managed accounts exposure from the MMD application and providing investment managers with AHL daily cash margins for speculative trading, FX and Bond Hedging.
• Overcame initial resistance from an existing vendor and successfully streamlined and delivered a complex reconciliations project. Started from scratch and revisited the users to determine their exact requirements and needs, expertly identified test conditions, supported the developers in overcoming any issues and delivered an effective automated system that reduced the risk of financial penalties.
J P Morgan, PM/BA
April 1994 - May 2010, Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Successfully managed a major project for Global Derivatives Services, the first in the area to adopt Agile Scrum Methodology enabling rapid on-boarding of derivatives clients for automated trade capture onto the Calypso platform.